"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, March 2, 2009

March is here!

Wow... It's seriously March already??!!?? I find it hard to believe, but here it is. It's so weird looking at my ticker for Jaxson and seeing 39 days left. 39 DAYS?? That's it? To think that my son could be here in a month is crazy for me to think. I've definitely hit the nesting phase, although my dear husband would argue that I never left it from being pregnant with Jayden to begin with. I'm not a perfectionist (how can you be with an almost 15 month old and a messy hubby...and 3 cats to boot?!) but I do like to be tidy and clean. And organized. Organization is a must for me. I don't want to spend hours finding something. So, I've made a list of things to accomplish before Jax does get here. His bag is pretty much finished...we are just waiting on the hat we ordered. I still have to finish our bag for the hospital, but there's quite a bit that can't be packed until last minute because we are still using those items so frequently that it makes no sense to pack them away for weeks. We also rearranged our bedroom furniture and set up Jax's bassinet so now he has a place to sleep! And Aaron and I are LOVING the new configuration of our room much more! It seems like we have more space.

Next weekend (or I guess it would technically be this one), we are going to go to Wal-Mart and pick up our glider that arrived so we can set that one up and get rid of the broken one. We also have family/maternity pictures Saturday afternoon, so that will be fun. I was going to wait until the weekend to steam clean our carpets as well, but the smell in our house is driving me nuts so I'm going to do it during the week. We are also getting our computer fixed since it has viruses on it thanks to Aaron downloading a bunch of ROMs and other crap without a firewall (praying we don't lose EVERYTHING--- and I mean practically EVERY picture we have of Jayden through his first year...) and putting the car seat in the car so Jayden can get used to it being there. I'll probably put a stuffed animal or baby doll in it so he gets used to the fact that he's going to have a "buddy" with him soon.

Other projects include cleaning and setting up the swing, bouncer, and jumperoo. Which probably means we will have to invest in a toy box and do some rearranging of Jayden's room to fit everything. We've contemplated moving our computer out of Jayden's room and into the little kitchen nook, but we don't want to have wires running all over the house. Too much hazard with a toddler running around. Go figure that the jack for the internet is in the one room we didn't want it in. So now we may look into a wireless card for our computer although Aaron HATES the idea of having wireless internet because it messes with his PS3. Poor baby, right? :P

Oh! I got my hair done yesterday! My sister did my hair and it turned out pretty good. I had to go back over it with some toner because the color was uneven, but it looks better now from what I can tell. I also had it layered because I have so much hair that it was driving me crazy! I should post a picture, but with my home computer being down I am limited since I can't upload pics to my work computer from my digital camera.

Anyway... looking at all I'd like to accomplish this month, it sure seems like a lot to squeeze into a month's time which is going to make it go by even quicker! I'm officially in countdown mode!!! Only 4 more weeks until April's here! And I'm sure Jaxson will be soon to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment