"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, March 6, 2009

35 weeks down...35 DAYS to go!

Ay carumba! The days seem to just be whizzing past! I feel like I still have so much to do and that I'm absolutely scrambling to get it done! Even work is busy, so between all my projects at home (despite the fact that there are just a ton of little projects to do) and my work I'm starting to feel overwhelmed!

This weekend should be pretty productive (or at least I'm hoping so). I've got a few things in the works, so if I can manage to get them done (with Aaron's help, of course!) I will feel so much better come Monday.

It's funny... I did this quiz from www.justmommies.com about when you will have your baby (purely entertainment anyway...) and it said Jaxson would be LATE! Ha, I don't think he will be. With his daily cervix-punching sessions, there are times where I feel he's going to just burst out of me! Based on the information I gave, they said my labor would be about 12 hours long and he'd be born in the morning, weighing in at about 8.2 pounds or something... so we will see. I had to laugh when I tried it for Jayden because it said he'd be 3-7 days EARLY, 6.8 pounds, born in the morning, and I'd have a 14 hour labor. Uh....hold up! He was 8.5 pounds, 4 days LATE, born in the evening, and I had a 17-18 hour labor. So there is hope for me yet... :)

I went to the chiropractor yesterday for another adjustment and I'm feeling great! I told him about the increasing discomfort in my pelvis and he said all is normal. Something about my sacral iliac joints taking on all the pressure from my pelvis expanding due to baby. I'll tell you that he's been a total godsend though...my back feels a lot better, but my pelvis is still killing me. I don't remember it bothering me so much with Jayden. It's becoming increasingly difficult and uncomfortable even trying to switch from side to side while laying down. However, I do take comfort in the fact that my body is preparing itself for the impending birth. I've also noticed an increase in my Braxton Hicks... they seem to come on at the drop of a hat, so I have to be careful not to overexert myself. I get quite a few in the morning before I get out of bed as well. It'll be interesting to see if, at my appointment on Thursday, they are actually doing anything to change my cervix. I do realize that dilation and effacement really mean nothing in terms of WHEN labor will start (although it sometimes can be an indicator) but it's nice to know that my body is making necessary progress. I just hope I don't stall out at 3cm for 13 hours like I did with Jayden. Hopefully my HypnoBabies studies will help me relax through the "birthing waves" so that I don't halt my own progress by stressing out.

Other randomness on my mind, but Jayden has been really fixated on my boobs lately. I have yet to start lactating (I'm a late bloomer when it comes to colostrum), but he's been acting strange and almost giving me cues that he wants to nurse at times. I did nurse him for 9 weeks, but gave up due to not being able to pump because of my job and because I had low supply issues. It's been well over a year since he last breast-fed, but it's almost like the "desire" or interest is coming back. I don't mind nursing two kids if it comes to that, but I just found it odd that he was displaying this behavior. We'll see how things go. Jaxson will be breast-fed and I do have the option of pumping at work now, so I'm hoping I can last longer with him. However, I have a feeling that Jayden's curiosity and possible jealousy with having a new sibling may lead him to nursing as well. Luckily, I've asked a bunch of ladies from my forums at www.babycenter.com and they've said it's normal and shouldn't be an issue if he wants to "try" it again. He shouldn't have weaning issues and it may help him feel less jealous or like Jax isn't getting preferential treatment by being a booby baby when Jayden isn't. So, who knows...it looks like I may explore the world of tandem nursing shortly. Fine by me as long as my kids are happy and healthy!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm sure I'll post updates on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment