"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blah. That is all...

Really, that's all I have to say. Today is just a blah day. I'm tired, can't focus at work and even though I do have some things to do, I have absolutely NO desire or motivation to do them. All I want to do is sleep...or go into labor.

Not to mention I'm slightly stressed, feeling overwhelmed and anxious, and (in ways) still feel unprepared...like there's something I'm forgetting or that I need to take care of before Jaxson arrives. I'm ready for him to be here and so is my body, but I don't think it's really sunk in yet that we are going to be having a baby in 2 weeks or less. I don't think I'll really "get it" until I'm in labor, giving birth, or he's here in my arms.

I know all of this is completely normal for this point in pregnancy, but I just hate feeling so drained both physically and emotionally. Plus, it doesn't help that I feel like there's all this stuff cropping up at the last minute...granted it's not as bad as it could be, my mind doesn't see it that way and I tend to blow it out of proportion and freak out. Pregnancy makes you lose your sanity and patience. I'm seriously teetering on the verge...and I'm usually the sensible one! Or at least I tend to think so...

Update on Jayden (did I give one already??): So he is starting to feel better, however the doc believes he does have viral pink eye, but gave us no meds for it since it has to go away on it's own. And then on top of it he still has an ear infection from late January despite me being told like 3 weeks ago that the little amount of fluid he did have left in his ear was going away... NOT!! Now he's on round two of Amoxicillin. And on top of THAT, they want to treat him for his "cough"...it's really not that bad though. So, they ordered us a nebulizer machine for him so he can do breathing treatments with Albuterol. I feel like I'm doping up my kid. We tried it last night and Jayden likes sucking on the little nebulizer thing, but I still feel like he doesn't need the treatment, and Aaron agrees, so we are only going to use it on days where he's especially bad. He's been sleeping much better at night and, since he winds up in bed with us most nights, I'm able to keep track of his breathing and it's normal.

Then on top of all of that, we get a notice from our apartment complex saying we somehow owe them $20...but we've never been late on our rent and we've never been overcharged or undercharged. I've been trying to clear it up to no avail and no one will call me back with answers other than they don't know what the charge is for other than it's connected to our pet rent... We never got a reimbursement for anything, and we've always paid the correct amount included with our rent so they are trying to find out if they screwed up. However, it has to be cleared up by next week...can't clear it up when they don't return my calls.

And, speaking of pets...we are getting rid of two of our cats this week. I have to say I feel slightly guilty, but after putting up with them scratching, peeing, and being unruly for years I just can't do it anymore. I've tried everything I can think of and I've taken all the suggestions from the vets and nothing is working. They can be very sweet, especially one in particular, but when they feel the random need to pee on our carpet and Jayden's toys and scratch holes in the carpet I have to draw the line. Not to mention that one of the cats is evil and will not let Jayden get anywhere near her and she goes out of her way to attack our male cat. I feel the need for simplicity and less stress especially as we get ready to add another family member... So fingers crossed that we can find good homes for them or that there will be a good no-kill shelter to take them. We don't want to see them put down or in abusive homes, but we just cannot deal with the stress anymore.

Well, I'm off to go do some actual work at my job despite the fact that I really don't want to... I can't wait for another weekend. And it's only Tuesday... blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment