"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NST, Contractions, and Leaking...

Oh the joys of pregnancy!!

I had a non-stress test today for baby Jaxson, and given the lovely news of Aaron's now non-existent company going belly up and BOTH of us being out of work (albeit temporarily), I joked with the nurses that it should be me that they should perform the NST on instead of the baby! :) I can feel the gray hairs growing in...ha!

Anyway, everything went well. He was particularly active this time so getting him to move 10 times wasn't even an issue. In fact, he's still kickboxing as we speak. My cervix is growing tired of being a punching bag...and my ribs are definitely sore because my future soccer player is proving he can "bend it like Beckham". Ugh. However, 10 minutes or so into my NST I started having Braxton Hicks every 2-3 minutes. The highest they peaked on their chart was like a 35, so they are mild, but definitely there. And I'm still having them consistently even though they have slowed down. I'm also feeling more pressure, so I'm sure they will be checking me again on Friday to see if the contrax are actually changing my cervix. They offered to check today, but I declined. Once a week of having someone dig around in my crotch is enough...and I highly doubt it will make him come any sooner.

I asked them about the FFN test, but my OB was in surgery today and so I only spoke with the nurse who told me what the test was. It doesn't sound like they will need to give the test to me as they don't tend to care if and when I go into labor at this point and I don't have a history of pre-term labor. So, just waiting on him to arrive I guess...

Also, in other random pregnancy related news, I've noticed that my boobs have been really tender lately and I've been experiencing the known-all-too-well pinching from being engorged or having clogged milk ducts (I got mastitis frequently with Jayden) and it bugged me so I squeezed down because the pressure felt helpful...and I started leaking! I never had this with Jayden before he was born! I don't think it means anything really, but I just found it odd. Maybe things are closer than I think...my body sure is preparing for something really soon! I'm definitely ready for him to come. I'm tired and my body is going all wonky on me these days. Blech!

Come out Jaxson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment