"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, March 20, 2009

37 weeks! I'm full-term today!

Yes, it's at that point...so close, yet so far away AND SOOOOO ready to be done with it all. I'm so glad to be at that "magic marker" of 37 weeks. I'm full-term and Jax can come at any time! Boy, do I hope he does! I've been increasingly uncomfortable this week and I don't know if it's just physical stress from being very pregnant or also emotionally stressed with all the upheaval this week. Aaron lost his job on Monday because of the company's financial troubles essentially leading them into bankruptcy and now, on top of that, Jayden is sick...AGAIN! Poor kid deserves a break! I mean, he just got over having TWO ear infections AND a mild case of pneumonia that had to be treated with antibiotics. He's a tough kid and is in the best spirits possible, but the last two nights he's woken up crying inconsolably in sheer agony. The look on his face makes me want to cry! That look of total desperation from feeling so horribly miserable that you just don't know what to do...

Anyway, it's been a lack of sleep for all of us the past two days and Jayden has been battling a fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat (he's so hoarse he can barely talk!), and he's been so lethargic. All he wants to do is cuddle and sleep. Getting him to eat is becoming harder, AND he doesn't seem to want liquids as much as I'd like to see him drink. Having this stress knowing that this cold is going to make it's way through our household and I'm 2-3 weeks from giving birth makes me uneasy. Last thing I want is to deal with a sick kid, sick husband, and/or a sick pregnant woman going through labor. Yeah...not fun.

BOTTOM LINE: Dude, if you are a parent and you KNOW darn well your kid is sick... don't pawn him/her off on your daycare provider where they will not get the special attention they will need because of being sick due to there being other kids to watch, where they will not be in an environment that supports them getting healthy quicker, AND where you can subject other people's kids (like MINE!) to coming down with the same crap!!! Aaron has been home with him the last 2 days caring for him while I work so that he's not miserable at daycare and infecting everyone else in the process. I realize it happens all the time, but it sucks.

Anywho, I've just been physically done with this pregnancy too. I'm all baby belly so Jax feels like he's EVERYWHERE! And he's smaller than Jayden was! I feel butts and feet in my ribs, and then I get his head on my cervix. I feel like it's a lose-lose situation. I'm just uncomfortable. My pubic bone feels like it's splitting in half along with my butt-crack and my tailbone is all wonky! I went to the chiropractor yesterday and was in such agony I couldn't even get off the massage table! My chiro took one look at me and could tell something was wrong. I couldn't even move. Needless to say that because my pelvis is widening for baby (which IS a good thing!) that my sacral iliac joints are taking on all the pressure and that's why my lower back and tailbone are hurting so bad. They are inflammed and irritated, so now I need to ice my back as much as possible. He said I've been lucky to make it this far with minimal pain, but I feel like poo. I'm so ready to have this baby here and have my body back to a manageable state. It all just hit me this week. Tired, achy, crampy, sore... blech. AND, despite eating crap food (per doc's orders) to try to get Jax to gain weight, I still haven't gained anything. I lost a pound last week then gained it back this week, so still at ground zero. I've gained 19 pounds to date with 3 weeks or less to go.

I have my 37 week checkup today where I was told to be expected to be at the doctor's office for 2 hours. I have a non-stress test, an ultrasound, and my OB appointment (complete with cervical check). I'm hoping they can see if Jax is gaining any weight and to find out if I've made any cervical changes since last week. I've been having Braxton Hicks every day, 2-3 minutes apart, for hours at a time and the last 2 days they've been really intense and starting to wrap around into my back... I know it all translates to pretty much nothing, but I know that I'd feel much better knowing that my body and baby are making some progress through all my miserable-ness. :)

On a GOOD note (yes I CAN be positive!), my baby/diaper shower is on Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing all my family and friends. It should be a good time. I get to go out for a pedicure tomorrow with my mom and aunt (my mom's treat...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH MOM!) and I cannot wait to have my feet massaged! So, at least all my stress is accumulating into a good weekend... I get to have pizza and cake on top of it all too!

Well, I should get back to work considering I only have 3.5 hours left before I have to leave for my appointment and I have mail and meeting minutes calling my name. TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment