"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost ready!

So, this weekend was the last of my really productive weekends...and I feel great! I got everything done on my pre-Jaxson "Mommy To Do" list except for packing the hospital bag for Aaron and I. Most of the stuff is packed, but we still have a bunch of last-minute items that we'll have to grab, but other than that we are all ready for Jaxson to arrive.

I put up most of the pictures over the weekend and I'll finish tonight now that my final collage is done. We also rearranged the furniture in our house and moved the computer out of Jayden's room, so now his room is strictly his...all of his toys are in there as well as our new rocker (YAY! So nice to have one where the bottom isn't broken out!) and some of Jaxson's toys that Jayden used to use like the swing, jumperoo, playmat, etc. Our house looks so much more roomy and cozy now! It's amazing how much it changes just by putting pictures on the wall and moving around some furniture. Ah, I feel so accomplished!

Aaron and I also went out and bought some "newborn" outfits since most of what we have for Jaxson starts at 0-3 months. We didn't have a ton of newborn stuff with Jayden, but luckily he didn't need it for long and we figured that would be the same scenario with Jaxson. Now with hearing the new news of him being small, and us being urged to buy newborn and preemie clothes, we decided to go and get him some things. I couldn't bring myself to buy preemie stuff because it said "up to 5 pounds" on the sign at Babies R Us, not to mention that when I looked at it I found it extremely hard to fathom that I would be giving birth to a child who would possibly fit into something small enough to put on a baby doll... :( I may have to break down and buy just a couple outfits in case. Then we can see what he really fits into and find out if we need to get a bunch of preemie stuff or if the newborn stuff will suffice.

Other than that we didn't do a ton of stuff this weekend, but Aaron and I both feel so good (and so much more prepared!!) knowing that practically everything is ready for Jax's arrival. I feel so much less stressed and I'm just really looking forward to meeting my new son without worrying about having a mental checklist of things I need to finish. I also have my baby/diaper shower this weekend so that will be nice... I haven't bought any diapers yet for him, but I do have wipes at home. So, if Jax does come early, I hope he waits another week!!

I have an appointment tomorrow for a non-stress test which I'm sure that Jaxson will pass with flying colors and then I have a follow-up on Friday with another NST, an ultrasound, and then my regular doctor's appointment for 37 weeks. My friend, Diandra, brought up a good idea of requesting a test called the FFN test that is supposed to determine whether or not the baby will be born in a 2 week period. I'm not sure if my doctor will find it necessary for me to do it since I don't have a history of pre-term labor so far, but given the issues I am having with Jaxson it might be nice to know if he at least has another 2 weeks to cook and gain weight. So, I'm going to ask them about that test tomorrow when I have my NST. I've also been diligent about continuing with my Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (4 cups a day now!) and I've started Evening Primrose Oil capsules. I took 1000mg daily over the weekend but I'm bumping up to 2000mg today and should be at 4000mg by Friday or Saturday once I hit 37 weeks. It won't jump start labor, but it will help my cervix to be more "favorable" and thus (hopefully) increase my chances at a natural birth and decrease the necessity for any interventions including an induction. Hopefully Jax is stable enough despite being small that they won't see any medical need to induce.

I'll keep you all posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment