"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, March 30, 2009

Seriously?? :)

Silver lining, silver lining...there is a silver lining.

I have to keep reminding myself because at this point it's become almost comical. I'm seriously at the point where I don't know whether to laugh, cry, scream, or all of the above at the same time. It's like a game of "one step forward, two steps back". Apparently the "baby Buddha belly" isn't doing much for me in the karma department or someone just hasn't had their fill of at least trying to make me miserable with their pranks. April Fools Day is still just over a day away, but I guess the "memo" wasn't received. :) Oh, well...still some progress is being made I suppose.

On the "positive" front... I came into work today at noon after a non-stress test for Jaxson (which he passed beautifully yet again!) and an hour-long massage to find out that all of my FMLA claims had been approved...YAY! Also, I'm pretty sure our little pet rent/apartment charges situation was resolved. I'm still waiting for a follow-up call, but despite being almost positive that we don't owe anything in the first place, I figured I didn't want $20 hanging over my head and threatening renter's history so I cut them a check and told them if they found out that it was a mistake to refund me. It just wasn't worth me stressing over, so I just figured that I'd "take care of it". Also, Jayden didn't fight going to bed tonight which was fabulous! It's been really physically challenging for me to put him to bed because he squirms and presses on the belly which then makes Jax move and I feel like a human punching bag from the inside and out. Then I can't get into a comfortable position in the rocking chair so then my back suffers...and then I have the hardest time lifting my dead-weight sleeping toddler into his crib. I usually come out of his room closer to tears from being so uncomfortable. However, it was an absolute blessing tonight considering Jay's eyes were practically shut by the time I sat in the rocker. No squirming, protesting, or fighting. Just cuddles and sleep... :) And I had half a pint of Ben and Jerry's just waiting for me in the freezer tonight. :)

As for those steps backwards... well, apparently while I was at my doctor's appointment this morning at the hospital someone thought it would be a good idea to hit my car while trying to park theirs...and then run off. I didn't realize the damage until I got home, but now the back end of my driver's side is all scratched up from the wheel well up the side of the back passenger door. Of course, the hospital doesn't have security cameras in the parking garage so I have no proof and although it's just minor paint damage that CAN be fixed that's not the point. I'm doing better with it tonight, but I do have to say that it frustrates me to think that human decency is pretty close to non-existent these days. Not so much as a note on my car saying "Hey I'm really sorry, but I accidentally scraped your car while trying to park. Here's my contact information". Apparently it's just easier to run away with your tail between your legs like a freshly-scolded puppy than to own up and be responsible, honest, and courteous. Again, not the end of the world, but frustrating nonetheless.

Then I get home after work to find out that my poor little Jayden may now have the chicken pox!! It wouldn't surprise me because Jayden's day care provider's grandson (who currently lives with her) apparently had it and us parents were told over a week ago that our kids MAY have been exposed to it. Jayden's arms and legs are now covered in red dots. We've been advised to pull him off the Amoxicillin he's been on for his lingering ear infection in case it's a reaction to that. I find that unlikely though since he's been on the Amoxicillin before with no side effects. Luckily he's been vaccinated for chicken pox so if he does have it, it shouldn't be as bad as it would be had he not been. Aaron is taking him in for a "car visit" tomorrow morning to see if he has it or if it's something else. Yeah, they won't even let him in the clinic for fear that he does have CP, so they are sending a doctor outside to check him out in the parking lot...nice huh? Luckily I am already immune, which is a good thing since non-immune pregnant women are among the most susceptible people to get CP, so I don't have to worry about passing it to Jax in utero, but that doesn't mean he can't get it after he's born from Jayden if he truly does have it. Jax would be the most susceptible from 7 days prior to delivery until 7 days after...basically right around now. So, fingers crossed that it's not chicken pox because I'll probably be pretty devastated if it is and Jax is born in the next week. It will most likely mean that we would have to quarantine Jayden from his little brother...he won't be allowed to go to the hospital to meet his little brother when he's born and he'll have to stay away from home for a while until he's not "contagious". And we will also have to find an alternative for Jayden's care while I'm in labor since the two people who were going to watch him while I was in labor and staying at the hospital both have young kids and won't want Jayden around them. So, please...PLEASE pray that it's not chicken pox or if it is that he will be past the point of being at risk to infect anyone else (Jax or my sister and brother-in-law's kids) by the time I go into labor.

One other thing: more of an annoyance than anything really is that I'm fighting that lovely head cold. Luckily it doesn't look like a sinus infection, but I'm horribly mucousy and I have all that sinus and head pressure. I don't really "feel" sick but I sound awful. So, here's to hoping that clears up soon. I'm completely able to function, but it's one less thing I'd like to worry about. Being in labor and delivering a baby is physically tasking enough and I'm attempting it without medication, so I really don't want to be "sick" on top of it.

Anyway...that's the update so far. I'll keep you posted on Jayden's status after his appointment tomorrow morning and, unless I go into labor, I won't have any Jaxson updates until my next appointment on Friday. I cannot believe it...only about 11 days left until I meet my son (give or take). I'm almost down to single digits!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment