"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, March 9, 2009

Over the weekend...

Not much that is new or exciting to report but it was a very productive, yet extremely busy weekend for us. We looked at our "To Do" list and were able to get a ton of the little, but time-consuming things done. I have to thank my wonderful hubby because he was a HUGE help! We started to rearrange the boys' room, but we have to wait on a few more things before it's finished. We are picking up our new glider next weekend and will be moving the computer out of the bedroom and into our little kitchen nook to free up space so Jayden and Jaxson can have their toys and other things in their bedroom. It will free up a lot of space in our living room too.

We got Jayden's overnight bag packed and finished Jaxson's bag as well. All of our hospital bags (minus mine and Aaron's because we have "last minute" items to pack) as well as the new double stroller have been packed in the car so we are 95% ready in that aspect if Jax decides to come soon. We also put the car seat (complete with BundleMe) in the car next to Jayden's car seat and he seems enthralled by it so far... I think he will be really excited to have a buddy with him in the back seat. :) The carpets have been steam cleaned as well. We are contemplating getting rid of one of our cats (maybe two...we have 3 total) because I'm tired of them clawing the carpet and peeing on things. They are sweet cats, which has saved them thus far, but I'm getting tired of my home smelling like a litter box. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a good housekeeper and I like things clean and fresh, so this isn't something I tolerate very well and it drives me NUTS!

Also, I was able to put a bunch of our family pictures in frames. I still need to buy 3 more frames and hang the pictures, but I felt like I accomplished a lot. There were some leftover frames I had from old pictures so I'm using those to make collages of all the pictures we have (there's 5 total)...so those will be my lunch-hour projects at work. How sad is it that my son is 15 months old, and even though I've been diligent to get professional pictures of him every 3 months, I have yet to hang ANY on my walls at home?? Bad Mommy... :( That's one of my projects next weekend given I can get all the others framed.

Speaking of pictures, we also had our family/maternity pictures on Saturday. Since Jayden just turned 15 months yesterday, we also got a couple shots of just him as well. Surprisingly he did really well, despite displaying his escape artist techniques. It was a MAJOR improvement from last time... at his one year photos he screamed bloody murder and would not let me put him down. As soon as he saw the mini bathtub prop (complete with rubber duckies and sponges), I no longer existed. Yay! Plus we had a different photographer this time (one that did NOT sound like Elmo on crack!) and so I think that it made him less frightened. We got some really cute shots of the three and a half of us, a couple really cute ones of Jayden in a "big boy" chair, and an AWESOME shot of him with a HUGE smile on his face hugging "his baby" (Jaxson). Then I got some of just Aaron and I, some solo shots, and one of my belly with a ribbon tied around it...after all, a baby is the greatest gift, right? Wrapped with love, I'd say... :) I also have to commend the photographer, Brett, as she did a great job hiding most of my stretch marks. Granted I don't have many of them to show off, but they are there. We get the electronic prints back hopefully by the end of this week, and I go back to pick up the actual pictures on the 18th, so stay tuned. I'll make sure to proudly display them here. :)

So, that's pretty much what happened over our weekend. Nothing really extravagant, but definitely busy since the "nesting bug" keeps burrowing even deeper and I constantly feel like I'm running out of time. I want everything as close to perfect and done as possible so I can just enjoy my new little man's arrival. I do admit that I probably should slow down though... I worked so hard on Saturday that by the end of the evening it took practically all of my energy to move. My hips and pelvis were in excruciating discomfort, which then waned on my patience. Ugh...just a few more weeks though!

Next appointment is on Thursday, so I'll have an update at that point as to my progress. I'm fully expecting not to be dilated or anything (although if I was, it would be a nice surprise!) so we will see...

Happy Monday. Enjoy the March snow here in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment