"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, March 12, 2009

28 days and 9cm to go!

Ok, so I had a doctor's appointment today. Pretty much everything was standard, run of the mill routine. I had the GBS test done (I should have the results at next week's visit), submitted my FMLA paperwork to my doctor to sign, and did all the normal OB appointment rituals. Pee in a cup? Check. Weight...check. I'm up another pound in 2 weeks, so I'm officially at around 19 pounds total. They checked blood pressure and Jax's heart rate... both were normal. I told them I've been having increased Braxton Hicks lately and they've been pretty intense, so I had them do a cervical check while they were at it. I was already undressed anyway, so why not?? Turns out I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Not that it really translates to anything since I could be that way for weeks without progress, but it's nice to see that I'm making some progress at 36 weeks. At this point in my pregnancy with Jayden, I wasn't even close to dilating or effacing so apparently my body remembers the drill. :)

Then they measured my belly and I was told I'm only measuring at 31-32 weeks...not 36. I always measured behind with Jayden too (usually by about 2 weeks) because I'm tall and I have a long torso, so that's pretty typical. However, I wasn't expecting to measure THAT far behind, given that at my 34 week appointment I was measuring at 32-33 weeks. So I haven't grown in 2 weeks. I'm taking the stance that I'm just tall carrying a smaller baby than last time (Jayden was 8.5 pounds and 20 inches), however they told me that they want me in for an ultrasound before my next visit on the 20th, so they had an opening for tomorrow morning and I took it. They just want to rule out anything like IUGR and fluid levels, so wish us luck tomorrow! I know my little man is doing okay movement wise...he's been an active little booger today, but I hope that he's growing appropriately.

Keep us in your thoughts if you can and I'll update on our progress after the ultrasound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment