"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My child is related to King Kong!!

Ok...not really, but he's seriously HUGE! I took Jayden in yesterday for his 15 month checkup (he'll be 15 months on Sunday) and I knew he was big for his age, but I wasn't expecting him to be quite as big as they told me he was. Here are his stats for 15 months:

Weight: 28.2 pounds (99th percentile)
Length: 34.25 inches (99th percentile)
Head circ.: 19.5 inches (97th percentile)


Yup... you read it right! 99th percentile for weight AND height!! Yowza! No wonder my back hurts from carrying him around all the time, nevermind the fact that I'm 8.5 months pregnant! I can't believe my "just over" one year old is already slightly under 3 feet tall! He's in size 4 diapers (I could switch him to 5's but the 4's still fit him fine) and 24 months/2T clothing. Even the 18 month stuff is snug on him. In 2 months he's packed on 2 pounds, grown 1.25 inches, and added half an inch to his head. I better start stocking up on bigger clothes... he'll outgrow all his 2T before he hits 2 years old!

He also had to get another DTap shot (his last until he's 4) and they did a hematocrit test on him. They pricked his finger and drew blood...he didn't cry for the last one. I, however, almost lost it from seeing the blood and almost passed out while carrying him in my arms. I had to sit down for a few minutes with some juice and compose myself. I don't know why, but I don't do well with blood draws. I'm okay with watching childbirth videos and all those fluids...and I'm totally okay with fluids coming out of holes that were already there to begin with, but when you have to leech fluids from a man-made hole (needle or not) it freaks me out. I get light-headed just talking about it. Ugh...

Anyway, so that was the update on my Punky boy! He goes back in to the doctor in early June for his 18 month checkup where he'll get his first chicken pox shot and I think a few others. Poor kid! No wonder he hates the doctor's office so much. He did love standing on the scale like a big boy though... and they always give him stickers afterwards.

As for Jaxson and I... nothing new. Feeling more pressure and cramping, but that's typical for only having 4-5 weeks left. They will check him out next week and see his position as well as check to see if I've dilated. After that consultation, I'll be starting my Evening Primrose Oil treatment daily to help my cervix get into a "favorable" state. Couple that with the walking and RRL tea I do all the time and I should be good to go. Not to mention there will be some nice "sessions" at home with the hubby to help things along as well... :)

Well, I hope everyone has a good week! This one will be relatively uneventful for me. We have family pics on Saturday and that's about it...

Happy "hump" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment