"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, March 16, 2009

Wow! Talk about a bomb being dropped...

URGENT request for prayer on my family's behalf... I just called my husband because my good friend e-mailed me saying that she heard from her boyfriend (whose best friend works with my husband and got him the job there) that the company they work for went under. I thought I'd call to ask him about it and to let him know I finally got in touch with his mom... and the rumors are true.

My husband is now officially out of a job.

...And I'm 3 weeks away from having a baby. Great. I go on maternity leave in 2 weeks, we have a 15 month old at home, and I have no way to pay our rent because I pay daycare for our son. Plus with me being on leave, I'm only eligible for 60% of my pay for 6 weeks and then I have to use my PTO.

I'm trying to stay calm and realize that this obviously was in God's plan for our family, although I do not understand why. I also realize that many families are in similar situations like ours and I should be grateful for everything I have, but that doesn't mean that I'm not frightened knowing that I have no idea where we are going to end up. Please pray for peace of mind and strength for us...and that my husband will have the good fortune to be able to find a new job soon. I know God will provide and we need him now more than ever with a young child and another baby due to grace our family in just a few short weeks. I'd be forever indebted...

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment