"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Making SOME progress...

So I had my 37 week checkup at the doctor's office. According to their scale, I gained 2 pounds since last week, but I also had a semi-full bladder from chugging water at the last minute...oops! So, I'm officially up to 188 (which is the weight I was at when I delivered Jayden). I'm pretty sure that puts me up a total of 21 pounds for now.

They started out with the bio-physical profile ultrasound. My fluid levels are within the normal range, his respirations are good, and there's no calcification of the placenta. They had a hard time getting him to move though... he seemed quite cozy. Even the juice they gave me to drink and the little vibrator thing didn't get him moving. Stubborn baby. They finally got the movements they needed after about 45 minutes and sent me on my way for my non-stress test. By this time he was wired, so getting the 10 movements needed was no problem. I had a few small contractions during that time too, but they said all was normal and Jaxson responded beautifully. He got an A+ for the day. :) They didn't estimate his weight like they did last week, but still told me to expect a 6.5-7 pounder.

Then my OB did her exam and she determined that I'm a "tight" 2cm...meaning not quite there, but she could stretch me to a 2. My cervix is softening, and I'm 70% effaced (thinned out). Jaxson is at a -2 or -1 station, so apparently he's actually really far down in my pelvis. Funny because he feels really high... I'm just all baby so I guess I feel him all over. They did confirm that his butt is still right up against my rib cage. I'm still only measuring between 31-32 weeks despite being 37 weeks, so no change from last week. They don't seem horribly concerned since they expect him to be small and since he's "engaged" so far down in my pelvis along with me having a long torso, they said that makes sense. I'm just really tiny this pregnancy!

So, my official progress from last week is: 1cm more dilated and 20% more effaced from last visit. Not bad for one week I guess. I'm increasing my EPO intake to the full 4000mg now. I'll be doing 3000mg orally (morning, noon, night) and then 1000mg vaginally to speed things up. And I'm already drinking 4 cups of my RRL tea a day so I'm well on my way with that. Along with the fact that I do PLENTY of walking, hopefully things will move along steadily. As things get closer, I'll be enlisting Aaron's "help" to get me to progress...not that he will mind. :)

Well, I'm off to get a pedicure with my mom. My aunt can't make it, but it will be nice to have some mother-daughter time. :) I'm getting pampered before my shower tomorrow...so excited! Aaron even offered to give me a full-body massage tonight. Oh, how heavenly that sounds!!!

Also, speaking of baby showers...I was pleasantly surprised yesterday morning by my fellow admins at work. They called a "meeting" at 10 yesterday for what I assumed was a follow-up in regards to the division of tasks during my maternity leave only to be surprised with a "tea party" style mini-baby shower. It was just the four of us, but it was very sweet, simple, and thoughtful. They got me a gift certificate for Wal-Mart (I can stock up on diapers now...yay!) and some newborn pajamas for Jax since the 0-3 month ones won't fit him anytime soon. We had tea and homemade scones with lemon curd jelly (absolutely delicious!) and some lemon-raspberry tea cookies. :) I feel so loved!

Have a good weekend everyone! I'm sure I will have an update sometime early next week with pictures from my shower. :)

...Oh! And welcome to SPRING!! I believe it officially started today or yesterday. NO MORE WINTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment