"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, February 27, 2009

34 Week Update

I am sooooo glad this week is over! I finished up my week-long workshop...with a speech in front of a packed house that I had less than an hour to prepare for! There were probably 200 people in that room...maybe more, maybe less. I'm proud to say that, although I was extremely nervous and my cheeks shone brighter than Rudolph's nose at midnight, I didn't suffer from any verbal vomit, mental breakdowns, or tripping over my feet (which are becoming harder to see by the day)! Yay! I said my piece and then went silently back into my corner to recompose myself. Cool thing is that I get major credit for doing this workshop and I can put it on my resume. Kudos to me!

As for Jaxson... everything is trucking right along. Doctor confirmed that he is head down and growing just fine. His heart rate was 141, which is totally normal for him. Nothing extravagant and I was in and out within a half hour or less. I'm up to 185 pounds which puts me at a total of about 18 pounds gained to date. I'm sad to see the scale go up 4 pounds in two weeks, but it's reassuring that my little man is growing just as he should and that the weight is for a good cause. Besides, I'm still technically under the recommended weight gain for someone of my stature. Next appointment is on March 12th and they will do the lovely Group B Strep test (nothing like having someone take a giant Q-Tip and swab next to your butthole...) and they start the cervical checks for dilation and effacement. It's that time already?? I still think I'm in shock that my newest son could be here in as soon as a month's time. I just had a baby!! And even HE doesn't seem like a baby anymore... oh how time flies!

We also got an update on Aaron's sister, Sharon, today. Unfortunately, no baby for her and Ted this month, but I'm sure that they are going to keep on trying to give Jonas and Isaac a baby brother or sister. We should find out next week if Tommy and Samantha were luckier to add to the family tree. Oh, heavens help us! The Andresen name will live on forever. I swear the "Andresen mission" is to take over the world, haha! Duggars, watch out!!

Well, I'm going to get going and try to finish up here at work so I can head out early. I have some shopping to do and I'm hoping to treat myself to a pedicure and eyebrow waxing before I turn into a Neanderthal. Gotta love those Bresnahan hair-growing genes. Now if only I could stop growing gray hairs... Yep, you heard me right. I've plucked not one, but TWO gray hairs from my head this week. Either being a mom is more stressful than I thought or I had a really, really busy week! Ha!

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend... I know I'll enjoy mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment