"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, February 13, 2009

32 Weeks

So, I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and there's not really much to report. Everything seems right on schedule and Jaxson seems to be growing just fine. I weighed in at 181 which brings me to a total weight gain of 14 pounds this pregnancy which my doctor says is adequate enough and she's not concerned. I'd probably gained 20 pounds at this point when I was pregnant with Jayden and I ate a lot better with him. Seriously, I crave chocolate and carbs with this pregnancy and it must be going all to the baby because I'm not really packing it on elsewhere. It's only a one pound increase from my visit 2 weeks ago, so she says she's not worried since she sees that I am gaining even if it is at a snail's pace. :) Jaxson's heart rate is back in it's usual range at a healthy 142 BPM and it still looks like the little punk is transverse, but I'm trying not to let it bug me too much. My belly was measuring slightly smaller than the average 32cm for being 32 weeks, but for me that's normal so no concern there. They also retested my thyroid after having to increase my dose slightly and I got the green light on the results this afternoon, so everything looks like it's completely in order.

One piece of good, reassuring news I did get was that IF for some reason Jaxson decides not to turn to a cephalic presentation like 97% of babies do, that if the ECV (the procedure where they turn the baby manually) is successful, granted they do it in the first place, that they won't automatically induce me. Most doctors will either: a) send you in for a c-section if the ECV is unsuccessful, or b) induce you if it is due to the fear that the baby may flip back to a breech or transverse presentation. Obviously I'd like to avoid either scenario so it was nice to hear her say that they won't induce me automatically if they can turn him. Also they won't induce for any reason, unless absolutely medically necessary, more than a week before my due date. So, given that they don't do inductions on weekends and I'm due on a Friday, I shouldn't expect to have Jaxson before April 6th (Monday) unless he comes on his own accord. That also reassured me since I want him to "cook" as long as possible for his sake.

Also, massage was great yesterday (I'm trying to convince my husband to get them too because they are awesome!) and I leave in an hour for my chiropractic adjustment. I'm so glad to get out early!! It's Friday, it's pay day (AND...double bonus: we already got our tax return wired to our bank account!), and it's going to be a fun and exciting weekend. YAY!

I'll probably update either this weekend or first thing Monday (granted work isn't completely swamped) with the newest 3D pictures of Jaxson from the ultrasound tomorrow. My niece and nephew are able to come, so tomorrow we are all going to breakfast and then going to the ultrasound. After Aaron and I get back from our little V-Day celebration, we are picking up the kids and going back to our place to make these brownie/cookie bars and some cupcakes. They were having a "Buy 2, get 3 free" sale on Betty Crocker products at Safeway so I stocked up!! I have tubs of frosting and boxes of cake galore at home! Hehe.

And I'm excited for bowling on Sunday...should be fun. Yes, I'm a dork.

Well, have a happy Friday everyone and have a great Valentine's weekend! I can't believe there's only eight more weeks until Jaxson gets here! I gotta get busy with packing bags and getting things ready. I just ordered him the cutest pair of booties and matching "Big/Little Brother" shirts for him and Jayden to wear at the hospital...hehe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment