"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Turn Jaxson...TURN!!

I know this is repetitive from Monday's post but I cannot get it off my mind. I seriously think I'm going crazy...

So, I will be 31 weeks tomorrow which means I'm 5 weeks away from the "cut-off" for Jaxson to turn. He's still transverse with his head on my right side and feet on my left and he seems to be quite cozy in that position since he hasn't moved since... well, I don't even know when. He doesn't move much unlike his big brother who was practicing acrobatics in my belly, but when I do feel his movements they are all the same and in the same places.

I'm going to the chiropractor in a few hours for my weekly appointment and I'm hoping I can convince my chiropractor to use the Webster technique on me (granted he knows how to do it) to see if he can help align me in a better way so that Jaxson CAN turn. Not that anyone truly knows the reason he's not turning. He could just be a stubborn procrastinator OR it could have something to do with the way my body is aligned. I already know my pelvis is "off"...whatever that means. So, I'm hoping that between the chiropractor and my daily exercises (inversions and pelvic tilts) that I can coax him into turning head down. I say all this while sitting at my desk with an ice pack firmly planted next to his head while playing music to try and give him the hint...yes I'm desperate and no it's not working. This kid is like Aaron already...he's going to give me massive amounts of gray hairs and stress me out with his "last minute" attitude. If I have to, I will even resort to burning a "cigar" of mugwort next to my toes to get this kid to move!!

It's still early for me to be extremely concerned, BUT I've done my research and MOST babies flip by 32 weeks. That's only a week away for me and I have yet to experience ANYTHING that feels remotely like a flip. If he's still not head down by 36 weeks, I'll be bombarded by everything from external version to induction to c-section. Neither of which I want... So, to avoid that conversation completely, I'm hoping to be able to convince him to turn myself. I do realize the odds are in my favor BUT I don't want to bank on being in the majority of those who do turn... Ugh, worrying sucks.

So please continue to pray for baby Jax and I over the next few weeks. Please pray for peace of mind for me (I know stress is an inhibitor) and send turning vibes to Jaxson. I know I'll be a much happier mommy when I don't have to have this in the back of my mind. Maybe if enough people get on his case he'll get a move on... preferably with his head firmly planted by my cervix! I'll update if anything exciting happens soon... We have our 3D redo on the 14th, so I'm *hoping* to have some good news by then. Hey, at least we will get to see the little stinker again!!

On a good note: I filed our taxes today and we are supposed to get $3600 back! Yay! Now I can go buy my double stroller, sling, and co-sleeper! Woo hoo!!

Happy Thursday! The weekend is in sight!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment