"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, February 9, 2009

Just another Monday...

Nothing really new or exciting to report. I've been really exhausted the past few days since Jayden and Aaron have both had horrible coughs which have kept them (and me!) up at night. I'm starting to get a sore throat myself, but I've been lucky enough so far not to get sick like they have. Knock on wood.

Aaron and I finally went through our storage closet and did a little bit of pre-spring cleaning and it felt AWESOME to get rid of a bunch of crap that we are never going to need or use again. Now we actually have space...AND I finally got to put away our Christmas stuff. Yes, it's February and I still had my stockings up above our fireplace. Next week we are going to put up pictures on our walls because it's pretty bare. I'm trying to keep myself to doing one house project with Aaron a week...and we have lots of revamping that we'd like to do. However, I think I overdid it yesterday because my back has been killing me! Even with Aaron doing the heavy lifting. And as soon as we were done with that, I had to leave with Jayden to volunteer at church to watch the kids. Nothing like 20 crying 1 year olds!! Jayden did great playing with toys and other kids, but I permanently had at least 1 or 2 toddlers plastered to my hips which didn't help my back.

Speaking of my back... I have a massage on Thursday and another adjustment on Friday that I'm looking forward to. I also have an OB appointment on Thursday as a normal check-up and to check Jax's position again. Between my appointments on Thursday and Friday along with my ultrasound on Saturday, we will determine if I need to go to a different chiropractor to have the Webster technique performed. I was able to find a chiropractor not far from my OB's office who does have the certification to do the technique and will see me without a referral from my regular chiro. So, basically if Jax is still transverse by Saturday I will be faxing over my current chiro history to the new chiro for a consult and I can get in as early as next week to have the technique performed. If that doesn't work, then I'll be on a mission to buy some Moxa sticks for the moxibustion. Also, Jax is starting to move a little bit. He's going back and forth from being transverse to being "diagonal"... so he's making it halfway there at least. Still primarily transverse, but it is reassuring that he's at least making a slight effort to turn. So that's my good news on that situation...

Everything else is going just fine. We had a nice time out with family on Saturday for Brayden's first birthday party. Then afterwards we went back to Samantha's (my soon to be sister-in-law) parents' house to celebrate other family February birthdays there and they made a big dinner for us all and we hung out. They are like a second family to us and are just a loving, Christian family and have always made us feel really welcome. It was good to see them and see some of Aaron and Tommy's family as well.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week! I'm hoping that this week will go pretty quick and that I can stay busy through Wednesday. My appointments always make things go fast, so I really only need to make it through a couple days and then I'm in the homestretch!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment