"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend turned out to be, well...interesting. Overall a good weekend despite one very random event. Had a dentist appointment on Saturday morning...teeth are looking good and they decided to postpone the x-rays until after the baby is born. Got into a little argument with Aaron about me wanting to go out with my mom and aunt for a girls' movie day... eventually he realized that I do deserve some time away from the house and the baby, so I went to see New In Town that afternoon. It was a cute movie... chick flick to say the least though. :)

Then I came home to pick Jayden up since I decided to spend some time with my mom afterwards and that way Aaron could have the house to himself to play video games for a while. When I got there, I realized that someone illegally parked in our parking spot...again! No one ever parks in the empty, non-assigned spot (or at least I think it's vacant) NEXT to us. So, I was pissed to say the least. We have a HORRIBLE parking situation at our complex because there are not enough spots for all of the visitors...and of course none of our neighbors are respectful enough to tell their guests where the appropriate places are to park. So I called the front office to complain and ask them which spots were actually available so I could park in one during the meantime. Normally I would have been a total witch and called just to have them towed but since I was just stopping by to pick up my son AND I would have had to have waited with proof that it was my spot, I just figured it wasn't worth it.

So, I find out where I can park and I start to pull into the undercover carport spot when I notice two teenage boys walking through the parking lot. It's not surprising since a ton of people use our parking lot as a shortcut since we are right off the main road, so I thought nothing of it. But then they kind of kept approaching my car as I was trying to park. Most normal people would walk away from a moving car especially since I started turning to park before they were even close enough for it to be a concern, but instead they kept walking at my car so I had to stop mid-park to let them pass behind my car (should have just ran them over---little punks) and then backed out again to straighten the car. So, here's where it gets weird. They decide to walk under the carport in the spot next to my car and sit on the curb. I get out of my car and as I do one kid looks at me. I can't really describe what it was but there was something about the way he looked at me that just caught me off-guard and I got this weird feeling that they were up to something. I quickly locked my car and started up the stairs for my apartment. My apartment is in the corner, so I have to loop back around at the top of the stairs to get to my front door. As I'm rounding the corner, I see both boys at the back of my car with one kid trying to pry my trunk open!!! I immediately started yelling (and cussing) at both boys demanding them to get away from my car and ask them just what they think they are doing...and I get some lame excuse that they are "waiting for a friend". Hmmm... so how does that include ANY reasoning for trying to break into MY car?? Yeah, total BS. So I threatened to call the cops (and after telling the front office---who was already aware of the hoodlums--- I did) and they took off.

Anywho, the cops showed up at our place after I'd left to go to my mom's house with Jayden and when I talked to Aaron I was told that it was a good thing that we'd called to report it because apparently the cops have been called on these two little white boy gangster wannabes before and they are trying to catch them, but have been unsuccessful so far. Apparently, they not only have tried to break in to other cars in the complex's parking lot, but they also tried to break in to someone's apartment while they were still home! Needless to say all doors and windows are locked and I'm afraid to park my car outside my own apartment. We now sleep with a baseball bat in case they come back to our place since they now know where I live. I'm ready to beat the tar out of them if they even try to set foot in my house. Ugh... But, seriously... who is honestly bold AND stupid enough to try to break in to someone's car in broad daylight when the owner JUST got out of the car AND is no more than 50-100 feet away??? I just thank God that I decided to turn around and look in that direction again because who knows what they would have tried to do had I not said or done anything. I really hope they get caught and that justice is served. Some parents need to pay more attention to their kids... I'd be ashamed if any of my kids EVER thought behavior like that passed as acceptable.

Anyway, so that was our interesting tidbit for the weekend. Sunday was spent relaxing. Aaron went to watch the Super Bowl with his friend (Steelers won...BOO!) and I spent some time playing with my son all day. :)

On the flip side...one other thing bugging me lately is the fact that Jax is still transverse. I'm rapidly approaching 31 weeks, and 32 weeks is when they start giving fetal positioning great consideration. Granted my OB said she wouldn't worry until I hit 36 weeks, the fact that he's not turning and doesn't seem to have any desire to is really starting to make me anxious. Even if he was breech, I'd have a chance at delivering vaginally (doing a VB with a breech baby scares me though) whereas with a transverse baby it's virtually impossible and I'd have no choice but a c-section. So, now I'm resorting to any and EVERY method possible to try and turn this little guy even if it means standing on my head with a flashlight and headphones attached to my belly. I now have to be careful not to carry Jayden on one hip (and I can't exactly carry him in front of me) and I have to be diligent about doing multiple stretches and inversions daily. Not to mention I'm hoping to get extra help from my masseuse and chiropractor. I'll even resort to moxibustion at the acupunturist if I have to. So I'm super stressed out...but my goal is to try to have him head-down by my ultrasound on the 14th (at 32 weeks). If he's not by then, I'll shoot for 36 weeks. So please pray for me that I have peace of mind and that Jax will decide to turn soon and stop freaking his poor Mommy out!

I know the statistics are in my favor... less than 4% of babies are born breech and transverse births are only 1 in 2,500. Also, less than 20% of babies who are transverse at 37 weeks will actually remain transverse once labor starts, but it still freaks me out that I COULD be in the minority. So here's to hoping that I can fix my body to be aligned in a proper position that will allow Jax to turn and engage properly. I'm a ticking time bomb and I don't need the added stress from worrying...and I can't just turn it off like a switch.

Anywho...have a happy Monday and welcome to February! 2 months left to go...yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment