"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, January 30, 2009

10 weeks to go!

So, yesterday was a good, albeit busy day for me. I had my first ever massage therapy appointment and it was FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend massage to anyone: male, female, pregnant or not. It was fabulous to just lay there for an hour, relax, and have a nice massage. My masseuse, Wendy, was really cool too. We spent the time just talking about raising kids in this society, life in the Seattle area, etc. It was nice to have some pleasant and engaging conversation. The room was very warm and the aroma was great. I had these nice fleece blankets and tons of pillows to just relax on. There was "mood music" in the background...just an overall inviting atmosphere.

Then I returned to the chaos of work (which STILL hasn't let up yet...TGIF!!) for a couple hours before slipping out again for my doctor's appointment. Got there and did the usual...pee in a cup, weight, heartbeat, blood pressure, measure the belly....yadda yadda yadda. All is just well here in preggo-land. I've only gained a total of 13 pounds this pregnancy (I'm 30 weeks today) and although it alarmed me (I always think I'm not gaining enough) my doctor was just fine with it and answered with her typical "As long as you aren't starving yourself, you are fine...". So, I'm trying to teach myself to not worry about the lack of weight gain. She apparently seems to think I'm just one of those lucky ladies who doesn't gain much during pregnancy. Fine by me because it's less that I have to lose later! :) Blood pressure was just fine. The nurse had a little trouble finding Jax's heart rate, but when she did it was a healthy 168 which is actually high for him. He likes to hover in the 140's...or sometimes even 130's. They said it's normal so I'm not worried. I feel him squirming as we speak, so that's a good sign. Belly is back to measuring pretty on track at 29 weeks (or 29 cm) so there's no need for another ultrasound at this point. Jax is still transverse, but my doctor assures me that he still has time to turn and she's not going to view it as a concern for the next 6 weeks.

However, if the little stinker doesn't turn by 36 weeks then they will start bringing up talk of trying to turn him manually. If that doesn't work and he still won't turn, then I'll have to have a c-section within a week of my due date. Really, really, REALLY hoping I don't have to even view that as a possibility. It freaks me out to no end.

Other than that I can't think of much else to report. I made the rest of my appointments so I'm penciled in through the rest of my pregnancy. I go back in 2 weeks on Feb. 12th for my 32 week appointment where they get to poke me yet again to check my thyroid levels. Yippy skippy. :(

10 more weeks to go...so close yet still so far away! I'm getting anxious!!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment