"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prayers and other random thoughts...

Today has been a rather weird day. Not necessarily for me personally since my days are always pretty hectic, but it's just been an interesting day all around.

First, I'd like to ask for prayer for one of my fellow April 2009 Babycenter Moms and Blogspot blogger, Kelli. She was due a week after me and is a member of my birth board at babycenter.com. Her sweet daughter, Magdalyn Grace, was born by C-Section this morning at 8:53am. They took Maggie early due to issues with her heart and fluid in her abdomen and the doctors (along with Kelli) felt they could better provide for her on the outside rather than continue Kelli's pregnancy. Unfortunately, miss Maggie passed away just a few short hours later before they could perform surgery on her heart from organ failure. You can visit her blog for Magdalyn here at http://magdalyngrace.blogspot.com. Please keep Kelli and her family uplifted in prayer for peace and comfort during this hard time. As a mother I cannot imagine the pain, grief, and immense sense of loss that she must be feeling right now. Please pray that God will continue by her side as she navigates this new path of mourning for her sweet little angel Maggie. I feel awful that it's times like these that really make me appreciate the gift I've been given even more. I've been blessed with a handsome and healthy 13 month old son and another equally handsome and healthy baby boy growing inside of me. I'm truly grateful to have been given the gift of motherhood without having to experience this sense of loss. My heart pours out for women like Kelli who have had to suffer the loss of a child or who have encountered health issues with their children.

Secondly, please pray for good health for my boys. My poor little "Punky", Jayden, has been ill for over a week now with the bug going around. He's been plagued with a nose so runny that it's now raw and a horrible cough. He's a tough little tyke and has been in relatively good spirits (with the exception of yesterday) but you can tell he's miserable no matter what I do to help him feel better...which then makes me feel even more helpless. I was told to bring him in early next week if he still has not seen any improvement. Please pray that he will get to feeling better soon and that his symptoms will start to subside. Also, keep Jax and I in your thoughts for Thursday. At this time we have no reason to think anything is wrong, but I am measuring behind schedule (which is typical for me) so my OB may order another ultrasound to make sure he's growing appropriately. Again, we've had absolutely no red flags and we've been assured that all his organs are healthy and functioning properly, but with me being the worry-wart I am I like the extra assurance that it's just how my body is built and that he's right on track. I probably wouldn't think anything of it except for I have had an inability to gain weight this pregnancy despite indulging my sweet tooth and carb cravings almost daily (I'm only up maybe 13 pounds) and that I'm hypothyroid (although it's being monitored and controlled).

Also, if you could also keep the other man in my life, my husband, in your prayers and thoughts I'm sure we'd both be appreciative. He e-mailed me this morning saying that he was having a pain in his chest and he got really light-headed. It scared him immensely. He has had issues on and off since college with his blood pressure (he's been told it's genetic) and his doctor just recently put him back on his blood pressure medication within the last week. He was told to come in to the clinic right away so I imagine he's either there now or on his way. I have no idea what is going on yet and I'm waiting for an update. My immediate thought was a reaction to his BP medication... so please pray that everything turns out okay and that the doctors are able to figure out what caused this episode. Other than that he seems to be in good spirits, but he tends to worry and stress about his health a lot. It doesn't help that he's constantly stressed at work either with the current situation there.

Thank you very much for your prayers and thoughts! Despite my somewhat downer of a post, have a happy Tuesday! Oh how the weekend cannot get here soon enough!!! Ugh... 4 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment