"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Musings...

Nothing really big to report. It's Monday...and it's back to work for me. Usually Mondays are hectic, but I'm assuming that maybe because it's a "holiday" (for some anyway...ha!) that it's more tame. Fine by me.

I'm excited because today I get to go to my very first chiropractor appointment. I'm the worst at slouching and I know how terrible my posture is even pre-pregnancy. I've been told by all those free clinics we have here at work that I'm definitely out of alignment. But, due to pregnancy I also have sciatica. Granted it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was pregnant with Jayden (I spent 8 weeks in physical therapy and had to walk with a cane. Yes, Aaron made many jokes at my expense), it still hurts to walk sometimes with shooting pains from my lower back, down my butt, and into my legs. So, I'm really looking forward to them working some much needed magic to tune my poor, slumped, and oddly misshapen body up. :) Besides, they throw in some nice massage action too...and I surely cannot find anything to complain about that. Yes, please...I'll take a double helping of that goodness. :)

Also, this Saturday we get to sneak a peek at Jaxson again!! Aaron and I are paying for an elective 3D ultrasound (you don't want to know how much those suckers cost in Seattle) because we figured it would be our last chance to see our son before his April debut and who doesn't want to see cute chubby cheeks in 3D?? I mean, hello!!? So, the last few weeks have been spent in a countdown mode and Aaron and I find ourselves giddily asking each other who we think he'll look like or if he'll look like Jayden. I'm hoping Jax takes after me more because if it wasn't for the fact that I pushed him out of my body, you'd think Jayden wasn't mine. He might be a Mommy's boy at heart, but he looks just like his Daddy (minus my contribution of his stunning blue eyes). Not that I mind...I may be biased, but he's one darn good looking kid! Ladies, beware! So, stay tuned for new pictures of our little guy (and maybe a video if I can ever learn how to post the dang things!) by sometime next week.

Funny thing about all of this is, at my last appointment I was measuring 2-3 weeks behind. Not that it made me horribly nervous since I was the same way with Jayden... Apparently because I'm tall and have a long torso, I've got lots of hiding space for the baby. But, it was enough for my doctor to note in my chart and recommend that if I'm still measuring behind at my next appointment that I be possibly scheduled for a 3rd trimester ultrasound to check his growth. He moves enough for me to get kick counts daily (which I have to do now), but he's a quiet baby in comparison to his big bro, and he definitely feels smaller and higher than Jayden was. I don't feel as much pressure or movement so that does put me a little on edge. I'm still erring on the side of "Ok, this is all just normal pregnancy stuff..." but it's always nice to have that extra reassurance. Plus, with my thyroid issues, it's just something to keep an eye on. So, I may get to see Jaxson twice more before he arrives, and that's fine by me. I love getting to peek at my little guy and see how adorable he is.

So, that's all I've got on this Monday morning... just looking forward to getting off early and getting pampered today. I'm sure I'll be singing praises tomorrow...

'Til then, have a happy Monday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment