"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My poor baby! :(

So, Jayden has been battling a cough for the last 4-ish weeks and I kept calling the doctor to ask what I should do, if I'm giving him the right medications and treatment, and whether or not I should bring him in. Time and time again they tell me that I just have to let him ride it out and that I'm already doing everything I can possibly do for him. So I wait... Since he didn't really have a fever, was eating and drinking just fine, not vomiting or having diarrhea regularly (except for a couple occasions), etc. I was just told it would go away on its own. But after hearing him hack and gag on his own phlegm and mucus for 4 weeks and just having him not be his usual self I decided to take him into the doctor yesterday. He hasn't been sleeping well...he wakes up in the middle of the night crying and screaming and he's been more lethargic and uninterested than usual. Monday night was the dealbreaker though...after changing a very runny poopy diaper and having him vomit all over in his carseat, coupled with a slightly high temperature I knew I couldn't subdue my mommy intuition. And it's a good thing I didn't!!!

Doctor takes a quick look at him and immediately determines that he has an ear infection in BOTH ears and he's starting to develop a mild case of pneumonia. :( My poor little Punky! I felt so awful that he's been dealing with this for so long and I'm just now getting him to the doctor! I knew I should have followed my instinct and taken him in weeks ago! The doctor said that he's a brave and strong little boy to have been sick for so long and only be showing mild symptoms...he's such a trooper! So, at least now I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. He's now on amoxicillin three times a day for 10 days and I'm already seeing small improvements. He fought me last night going to bed, but once he was out...he was out. And he slept all night long (despite the fact that he's still sleeping with Mommy and Daddy, but I'm cherishing the extra cuddle time since he's sick...). And he takes his meds like a champ!! He doesn't fight me or make faces...he actually sucks the medicine out of the dropper! What a great little boy! :) Aw, I just love him.

So, keep our little Punky in your thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Poor kid has already suffered too long! :(

On a good note, we went out shopping on Monday night to get everything we need for baby Jaxson (and we got Jay a couple things too) and while we were in Babies R Us, one of the ladies from the Kiddie Kandids booth there approached Aaron and offered to take free pictures of Jayden as a way to get word out about their studio. So, Aaron took them up on their offer and we got some free shots of him. He actually did really well! Last time we took him in for his 1 year pictures to JCPenney and he cried. I think he hated the lights and the photographer's high pitched squealing. The shots turned out pretty good, but they are still more expensive than JCPenney so we will probably continue to go there. We are Portrait Club members and the setting at JCP is more private...especially for the maternity shots that I want. Anyway... I just thought I'd share the new pictures. He's such a little boy now...he looks less baby-like and he looks almost identical to his Daddy at this age! Enjoy!





Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment