"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crazy week...

So... I thought I'd finally try to get around to updating this week. It's been absolutely hectic and this is one of those times where I have like ZERO downtime at work. In fact, I haven't even really been at my desk all week because I've become part of a week-long workshop called an RPIW. I don't know exactly what it stands for, but it's a "something" Processes Improvement Workshop. Basically we are trying to streamline processes here to make them easier and more efficient. I originally wasn't part of the RPIW group, but since my boss is one of the team leaders for this month's RPIW, he said I should tag along since it would be a good learning opportunity. I was under the assumption that I was taking on more of an "observer" role, however I've found myself thrusted into the middle as an active participant...which is fun and exhausting at the same time considering it's an area where I really have no expertise at all. Kind of like telling someone to do a job with no formal training or background. It HAS been a good learning opportunity thus far. And it's been busy! All day long meetings every day this week... and lots of walking. We have 5 buildings on campus and I'm constantly walking between 4 of them... So, if I'm MIA a lot this week it's because work is literally keeping me on my toes!

As for the baby... I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and I think it will be the same standard stuff. Maybe she can give me a guess as to how big he is. I think he went through a growth spurt since my last appointment because, according to my scale at home, I've gained about 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which for me is a HUGE increase. I typically have been gaining at a pound or less a week. It's all for a good cause, right?? :) I can tell he's growing though because I can feel his movements a lot more. I can feel his butt pushing out and lots of rolling movements which I'm assuming are either his knees or elbows...something of the like.

As for Jayden: He is doing MUCH better! The antibiotics have been a godsend! He's back to sleeping through the night (in his own bed nonetheless) so I've actually felt quite rested the past few days. Almost all of his symptoms are gone and he seems to be back to normal. He's learned how to blow kisses recently and has a huge obsession with saying "Mama" over and over again. He thinks it's funny when I respond by saying "What?" or "Jayden". Hehe... funny boy! Oh, and he now knows how to climb onto our dining room table! No more chairs left out anymore...they are permanently scooted into the table so he can't use them as a step stool.

In other random news, it looks like I will be getting a baby shower after all! My mother in law, Joan, really wants to throw me a celebration shower since she feels Jaxson should be celebrated pre-birth like Jayden was. I totally believe every child should be celebrated too, so Aaron and I were planning a "meet and greet" potluck for after Jax was born because I felt weird having a second shower when we really didn't need anything for Jaxson and because some people feel it's tacky or taboo to have a shower for a second child so soon after the first because gifts are "expected". I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to buy us anything for Jax because we do have everything we needed for him from Jayden, and the things we did need or want to buy in addition are things we bought with our tax return because we weren't anticipating a second shower. However, I thought it was really sweet that Joan wanted to do this for us and she was so excited so I wasn't going to burst her bubble. :) So, I suggested that it be a "diaper shower" instead so that if people WANT to get us something, they are more than welcome to just bring a pack of diapers since we will obviously need them...and we will have 2 kids in diapers, which can get really expensive!! So, the date is set for March 22nd! I can't wait to celebrate Jax's impending arrival!! :)

Other tidbits: We got a ton of "Jaxson stuff" in the mail over the last week including the double stroller a couple days ago. Jayden loved "helping" me put it together. He kept climbing in the front seat and plopping his butt down, so I took him for a test drive in it. He LOVES his new stroller...and I think he'll like it even more when he has a little buddy in there with him. :) We also got the "Big/Little Brother" custom t-shirts in the mail and his booties as well as the bassinet sheets, so now we are just waiting on our rocker (which should be here the first week of March) and Jaxson's hat. I FINALLY was able to order it after having it out of stock for weeks! Hospital bags are primarily packed, but there are a few things I can't put in them until time gets closer. I also made a to-do list for all the projects to get done before Jax gets here so we have our work cut out for us over the next few weekends. This weekend's project is to rearrange our bedroom furniture so that we can actually use the heater in our room (our dresser currently blocks it) and so we have room to set up the bassinet. Plus, my friend Sarah is having her baby shower on Saturday (she's due with a little girl, Mackenzie, on May 1st) and then I'm going to my sister's house on Sunday so she can put highlights in my hair and thin it out. I'm so excited for a "new look"! Oh, and I also finalized plans for Jayden's care during my labor and while we stay overnight in the hospital...so it looks like he will be having lots of fun with his aunties while I'm getting ready to have Jax. Then he will come and meet his little brother for the first time, and then stay overnight with my sister until we come home from the hospital. I'm so excited to see how Jay reacts to meeting his baby brother for the first time!! It's going to be soooo precious! :)

In other "possible" baby news, we are officially on watch! We joked when we were pregnant with Jayden that we started a "trend" because from December 2007 (when Jay was born) to July 2008, there were 6 babies born in Aaron's family. We started off the "preggo train" with Jayden, then Aaron's brother had a boy in January, our nephew Brayden was born in February, then Aaron's sister had Jonas in May, his other brother had a girl, Jennea, in June, and then Aaron's cousin welcomed Angelina in July. When we found out we were pregnant with Jax in August, the joke surfaced again saying that we were again going to start a "preggo train". Well, around November/December we found out that Aaron's brother, Chris, and his wife (who are the parents to Jennea) are expecting baby #4 in August 2009. Then, his sister, Sharon, and her now-husband, Ted, (parents to Jonas) are now trying for baby #3 after Sharon had her IUD removed. She was supposed to start her period a day or two ago and last I heard...she hasn't. However, she hasn't tested yet, but it's possible that she may be pregnant as well. And, Tommy and Samantha (Aaron's brother and his fiancee) are also currently trying to make Brayden a big brother this year...so I may hear good news from her in a couple weeks. On top of the baby news, we also have 2 weddings! Tommy and Samantha are getting married on May 14th and we just found out that Aaron's sister, Jen, got engaged within the last week! No date for them has been set yet, but it looks like 2009 is going to be just as big of a year as 2008 was for the Andresen family. Oh how the family is growing!! :)

Well, I have to get back to my RPIW now, but I will try to update on Friday with the news I get from my doctor's appointment tomorrow! 6 weeks and counting (down!) to Jaxson's arrival! I cannot WAIT to meet my second son! :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment