"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, February 6, 2009

Single digit weeks!

Happy Friday!

I'm officially 31 weeks today... which means I have 9 weeks left!! I'm down to the single digit weeks!

Today is going pretty good. I've been half-successfully battling a headache since this morning. It's not bad, but I can feel it. On top of that, it's getting increasingly hard for me to sit down at work. My chiropractor gave me a note yesterday to allow me to get up from my desk every half hour to move around. My tailbone and hips have been experiencing a great deal of discomfort even though I've switched out my regular work chair for my birthing ball. I've been told it will get worse before it gets better as my body is still adjusting.

So...about my chiropractic appointment yesterday. Well, as usual I felt GREAT after he worked his magic, but I come to find out that he doesn't know how to do the Webster technique and there's only a handful of them in this area who are...and only 3 that my insurance covers. So, I'm not sure what I want to do. I gave him some paperwork about the procedure and he said that he's going to do research on it, but I've been told by professionals and patients that it's not something that should be done by someone who isn't trained and/or doesn't have their certification. So, I need to ask him at my next appointment if I can still be under his care, but be referred to another chiropractor who does have the certification to do that technique so that I can have it done. I don't know if there are any stipulations about seeing two chiropractors at once. If all goes well, I'd like to have it done in the next 2 weeks. Also, he told me that instead of waiting 2 weeks for my next appointment that he wants me to come in for another adjustment next week, so I go back next Friday for another adjustment. Although my wallet hates the idea since I pay a co-pay each time, my body welcomes it because it makes me feel better AND increases my chances that he can help me get realigned and hopefully help to turn Jax.

In other news, we finally found out what Aaron's dad died from back in December. Apparently he had an enlarged heart. Prior to that all we knew was that he died in his sleep. For anyone who doesn't know Bob, he had a history of excessive substance abuse (alcohol and otherwise) as well as poor eating habits and lack of exercise. So, the theory is that all of that finally caught up with him. There are some genetic factors which have freaked Aaron out considering he has high blood pressure and that is one thing that can lead to an enlarged heart... so he's trying to be diligent about exercising and eating healthy. His doctor has put him on a low-sodium diet so it looks like there is a lot of low-sodium home cooking in my future. Now if I could only find the time for that with two young kids AND working full time... Anyway, sad news nonetheless, but it is nice to finally have a bit of "closure".

Also, please pray for my dad, step-mom, and brother. The economy has not been kind to my parents. My dad had worked for an insurance company for 23 years and due to some conflicts with his now-greedy ex-boss, who also used to be a good family friend (my godfather), he left the company for a different one while taking a huge pay cut. There were some legal issues involved but my parents couldn't afford court costs and ended up not getting money that he was rightfully supposed to. His ex-boss owes him over $15,000 because of his clients and refuses to pay him. My parents have thus suffered financially. Anyway, I just now have come to find out that my youngest brother (adopted from India) suffers from moderate hearing loss due to being 3 months premature at birth. His schooling has suffered and he has speech problems because of it. The only remedy is for him to have lifelong hearing aids which come in at a whopping $5000. And of course, my parents' insurance doesn't cover it so they are left footing the bill. Please pray for them that they will be able to get the money needed to help my brother. My parents have worked very hard to provide for all of their kids and I hate to see them struggle. They have been very gracious and private about their affairs, but I can see the struggle and stress of trying to stay afloat in today's crappy economy. I only wish there was more that I could do. They can use every bit of hope and relief that God can provide them with. Thank you...

On a lighter note, today is the first birthday of our nephew (and Jay and Jax's cousin), Brayden! It's just a reminder of how much time flies. It seems like yesterday that Samantha and I were complaining about the tail end of our pregnancies and how we couldn't wait to meet our little boys...and now they are both a year old! Then again, I'm STILL complaining about the tail end of pregnancy and how I can't wait to meet my little boy (again!) so not much has changed for me, haha! :)

Also, our niece, McKenna, celebrates her 10th birthday on Sunday. Now THAT makes me feel old. I was only 13 when she was born, but I was a very proud Auntie and I remember holding her for the first time when she was only minutes old. I rocked her to sleep when she spent weekends with my Mom and I... and I even delighted in getting up with her in the middle of the night to feed her a bottle and change her diapers. I remember as she neared a year old how she used to love falling asleep on my chest and how she'd sleep with me at night. And how she'd ask me at 3 years old if when she got older and I had kids of my own that she'd still be "Auntie's little Munchkin". And she is... Now she's a precocious almost-10-year old who likes to sing to Hannah Montana and Britney Spears while talking to her "boyfriend" on her very own cell phone that's literally the size of a candy bar. Boy have times changed!

Well, it's time for me to unplant my butt from my bouncy rubber chair and walk around to stretch things out. Ugh...I feel old and rickety. I'll be glad when my body is back to normal. Even just 13 pounds extra is taking its toll on me. Bleh...

Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment