"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Updates!

First, and probably the biggest, update is the outcome from Aaron's second job interview on Friday. I'm pleased to say that they offered him the job and he wholeheartedly accepted!! He starts on July 6th so now we have to find appropriate daycare for Jaxson for the month of July since both of us will be working. We could put him at the same daycare as Jayden, which will most likely happen, but we are trying to avoid that as it would mean that we would pretty much exhaust our savings to do so until Aaron's mom is back from Gig Harbor. It sucks that the timing worked out that way because we were hoping to use that for expenses related to having baby #3 and the need to expand, but oh well. In the meantime, I'm hoping I can find a friend or family member who would be willing to watch him for less. If you know of anyone, let me know!!

Second (and last) pertains to Little Sprout. I officially told my dad and stepmom on Saturday. They were a little surprised, but they didn't seem upset, so I think it actually went better than I had expected. My dad just chuckled-- I think it was a mixture of excitement and "oh boy, another one?". I also announced it on Facebook to friends and extended family yesterday after our first midwife appointment.

Speaking of the appointment, everything went really well and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I felt really comfortable and at ease. Unfortunately we didn't have a sitter for this visit so Jaxson had to come with us, so I forgot to ask her a lot of the questions that I had, but hopefully next time we can have someone watch him for a few hours. I'm really looking forward to my next visit and this whole journey of trying something new.

Next appointment with my midwife is July 26th, which is the same day as our NT scan at MFM so it will be a busy and exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment