"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, June 11, 2010

First Peek at Little Sprout!

So, we had our ultrasound this morning at 10:00. Everything went really well! With this being very early in the pregnancy we were unsure of what they would be able to see... which wasn't much. They were able to see the gestational sac very clearly and a small fetal pole (the baby). Even though there wasn't much to see at that point, there was one thing I saw clearly that I'd been anticipating all week... Little Sprout's heartbeat!! It was very faint, just a tiny flicker, but still very much there. All my fears were put to rest. The doctor said the heart rate was 70 BPM which is low for a fetus, but with being just shy of 6 weeks he said that's completely normal and that as the baby gets bigger, the heart rate will get faster. He's asked that I come back in a week to have another ultrasound because the baby should be double the size by then. Wow!

They also checked to see if they could find the source of the spotting I'd had and they didn't see any clots or subchorionic hemorrhaging so for now it looks like the spotting I was having was just normal pregnancy spotting. They say it occurs in roughly 25% of pregnant women. I'm not out of the woods for a miscarriage yet, but the doctor said the risk will go down significantly after 12 weeks so I only have 6 more weeks to go! Grow, Little Sprout...grow! Stay healthy in there!

So I have another ultrasound scheduled for... Friday, June 18th at 9:05am! I didn't get pictures at this ultrasound, but I will ask if I can get pictures and a CD for the next one on the 18th. Even if I got pictures this time, you wouldn't be able to see much of anything. So stay tuned... next week I hope to debut Little Sprout's first (or technically second) pictures!

I also just got off the phone with my doctor's office regarding my beta test from this morning. I needed the number to be at least 10,600 to be doubling every 72 hours and the final result is... 12,995! YAY! No more betas for me! I'm now fully convinced that this pregnancy is going just fine and I've got nothing to worry about, but what a week, huh??!!

Also, they moved my due date. By LMP, I was supposed to be due February 1st, but by the conception date I was due February 4th. The date we are tentatively going with right now based upon Little Sprout's measurements today is... February 5, 2011! Doctor said that could change based on the results of next Friday's scan, but all looks well! I'm super excited! Little Sprout is due on the same day his/her cousin, Brayden, was due in 2008! Must be a good day. :)

Well, I will keep you updated on more Little Sprout news as it comes to me! Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment