"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

#3 is DEFINITELY on the way!

I called my doctor's office this morning to get my results from the 2nd quantitative hCG beta test from yesterday. My first number on Thursday's beta was 8mIU/ml, which was inconclusive at the time. Based on the "rule" that your hCG levels are supposed to double roughly every 48-72 hours, I would have only needed a number of 64mIU/ml to meet that minimum requirement.

Well, my result as of yesterday was.... 288mIU/ml!! WAY more than doubled! My doctor said, "Congratulations, you are DEFINITELY pregnant!". Very cool to hear those words.

I have my first appointment with my midwife on June 28th and was sad to find out they don't do ultrasounds in-house. With my OB they always did the first ultrasound around 8 weeks to find out when you are due and to make sure there's a heartbeat. There's no way I could not have an early ultrasound...especially since I don't know for sure when I'm due. I told the receptionist that I need the peace of mind to know for sure when I'm due and that everything is okay, so they are referring me out for an ultrasound! I will also get the integrated screening and BIG 20 week ultrasounds too, but they will have to send me out for those as well. I have to call Maternal Fetal Medicine tomorrow morning to schedule my ultrasound but I assume they will do it sometime the week of June 14th. I'm so excited!!! I get to see Little Sprout earlier than I thought!

I'm sure I will update tomorrow with the official ultrasound date because I'm giddy like that, hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment