"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In The Clear?

So, here's the update on "Little Sprout" and I...

So far, so good. The bleeding/spotting tapered off after Monday. I still had some yesterday and have a small amount today...so small I don't even know if it technically counts. On Monday it was reddish-brown and the largest amount out of all the days. Yesterday was less and still reddish-brown (more brown than red, which is usually a good thing). I did have some dull cramping and sharp pains yesterday but those have subsided as well.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that we are in the clear yet, but things are looking good and I actually have a lot of hope. There's sometimes no rhyme or reason for bleeding during pregnancy, and it can be completely normal, but as we also know there could be a problem, so it's definitely something to always keep your eye on. I was feeling kind of down and had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I was losing Little Sprout, but I think this thing is going to turn out to be a huge scare. I won't have the true confirmation until Friday's ultrasound, but for now I've got my head up and I feel safe enough to say that I think things are just fine.

I had my 3rd beta drawn yesterday and had the results by that afternoon. I'd done the math in my head and for my numbers to have doubled at the minimum of 72 hours, I should have been looking at a number in the 1,152 range---give or take. I'm pleased to announce that my levels yesterday were... 5,273!! Wahoo!! That means that they are doubling roughly every 38 hours. This doesn't mean a whole lot in regards to the bleeding as they'd have to confirm with another test in a couple days (which I won't have them do unless there's an indication of something wrong on Friday) to make sure the numbers are still doubling, but at least they are going up. And right now, that's enough for me and Little Sprout.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I hope to have a good update (and maybe some pictures!) come Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment