"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Week In Pictures (Deconstructed)

Ok, so I didn't get around to Speechless Sunday this week. Not because I didn't have pictures I could post, but because this weekend I barely had time to do anything let alone find the time to post! We had two double birthday celebrations this weekend and spent a lot of time on the road or partying... we were all plain tuckered out.

Trust me, I've got tons of pictures to upload and share in the coming days, but I need some detox right now and to get back in the swing of things. My life at work has been just as crazy as my home life. :)

Anyway, were you wondering what all these pictures were from?? Let me break it down for you...

Monday and Tuesday were our pictures from Chuck E Cheese which has now become Jayden's favorite place on Earth. He asks us pretty much every weekend if we can go there. I think that we will probably end up having his 3rd birthday party there... I mean the kid LOVES the place! My childhood friend and old neighbor, Lyn, came back to Washington with her boyfriend and his two kids to visit friends and family. She moved to Connecticut a year ago to stay with her dad for a while and just get a change of scenery. It's worked well for her, but she misses home. And home misses her... it was so nice just to catch up and see her again. And Chuck E Cheese was the perfect venue since between the two of us we had four kids aged 1,2,3, & 4. Yeah, can you imagine a sit down restaurant with that? Ha!

Wednesday was from Aaron's 25th birthday dinner. He really wanted to go to the XXX Diner in Issaquah, WA. I've gotta say that it's a really cool place. I'd only been there a couple times before and it was a long time ago so I didn't remember much. They have the whole restaurant COVERED in old 1950's memorabilia-- a lot of which was donated or on loan from patrons who have been there. It's just really nostalgic... they even had Grease playing on the big screen! The food was DELICIOUS, but don't even think of going there if you are on a diet. The burgers are HUGE and I don't even want to know how many calories are in them... or their jumbo root beer floats (which are to die for!). Then I told the waitress that it was Aaron's birthday, not knowing what they were actually going to do, but I was pleasantly surprised when they embarrassed him in front of the whole restaurant by dressing him up (with a free XXX T-shirt too!) and singing to him. It was hilarious. :)

Thursday included some snapshots from the time I stayed at my Mom's house to watch her dogs while she was vacationing in Cancun. Jayden loved Grandma's glasses and high heels while Jaxson gravitated towards the toy shopping cart. It was too cute for me to resist! :)

Friday was just some more Andresen boys' bathtime fun!

...and Saturday included the boys' wagon ride (Jayden calls it the "dragon"). They get to be pulled around and I get some exercise. Haha! It also contained our recent trip to Nana Joan's house for a belated birthday dinner. Jayden ended up with food and other things all over his clothes so he was stripped down, bathed, and put in one of Nana Joan's shirts for the time being. It looked like a dress on him and he thought it was hilarious, as did we all, so I snapped a few pictures. That and Jaxson looked pretty darn cute in his jammies too!

So, that was our week in pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment