"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Ultrasound

Yay!! I was finally able to get through to the people at Maternal Fetal Medicine to have my ultrasound scheduled! Ok, well it seemed like forever because I was super anxious and impatient, but whatever... So, I go in for my first look at our Little Sprout/Sweet Pea on:

June 14th at 10:30am!!

Going off of the conception date, I should be around 6 weeks and 3 days, but I'm not for sure about that. They will be checking to make sure that the pregnancy is viable (that there is growth and a heartbeat) and calculate my due date. I'm so excited!!

Also, it will be interesting to see if the gender predictor thing concerning the placenta position is correct. The "theory" is that there is some kind of relationship between the placental position and the gender of the child. This is how it breaks down:

97.2% of male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placental location on the right side of the uterus
97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placental location on the left side of the uterus

**Note with this: trans-abdominal ultrasounds are a mirror image so if it appears on the left in your ultrasound picture, it's actually on the right IRL. This doesn't apply to trans-vaginal ultrasounds.**

So, I pulled out my old pictures from the boys, and it was correct with them. Looks like with almost everyone who was polled on my BabyCenter forum for this also showed that this was correct for their past pregnancies. I'm not going to rely on it to determine gender for me for sure, but I thought it was an interesting theory nonetheless. It's a good way to pass the time. :)

Only 11 days and counting down until we get to see our 3rd baby! I'm so excited! I hope to announce the pregnancy by the end of the month once I've met with my midwife!

No comments:

Post a Comment