"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, June 7, 2010

Thoughts for Little Sprout

This is probably nothing to be alarmed about, but if you pray (or even if you don't) could you keep Little Sprout in your prayers & thoughts?

I've had some cramping over the weekend, which really doesn't alarm me as I had it with my prior pregnancies, but I then had a small amount of bloody mucus this morning. It wasn't a bright red, but a darker red so I'm assuming it's not all bad. Again, I think a small amount is normal and my midwife told me not to worry and to lay low for now. As long as it doesn't get worse things should more than likely be fine.

We ruled out almost any main causes for it. She said I could be partially dehydrated or it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage from the placenta getting ready to attach or something like that. It could be a wee bit early for the latter scenario, but not much can be ruled out. I'm trying to remain calm as stressing about it definitely won't help, so that's kind of where I'm at right now. They did move up my ultrasound to Friday morning so at least I won't have to wait through the weekend without any answers. I'm analytical and really Type-A when it comes to things like this, so I think they moved it for my own peace of mind...otherwise I'd probably drive myself crazy obsessing over the "what-ifs" and the unknown. I'm the kind of person who demands clear-cut answers so hopefully this will give me some. The only doubt about this is because they don't know for sure when Little Sprout's due date is, it could be on the early side for an ultrasound to find anything conclusive. Usually you can see a defined fetal pole and yolk sac around 6 weeks, but sooner than that could really go either way. Assuming I'm due on February 4th, that would put me at 6 weeks exactly on Friday. I'm guessing I'm due between February 3rd-6th, so I would either be barely 6 weeks or just over. My fingers are crossed that they will see something. Ideally, if we could see a viable fetal pole inside the yolk sac with a heartbeat on Friday, I'd be thrilled and I think that my fears would be put to rest...for now (unless something else happens to freak me out).

So, please just think good thoughts for us this week and hopefully we will know something definite on Friday either way. Again, I have faith that everything is fine, but even the smallest things this early on can make me worry because it's still so soon and fragile. It only takes the slightest thing. Hopefully you won't hear any more news from me until Friday and, hopefully, it will be good news at that point! Fingers are crossed!

Also if you have any advice or personal experience around this, let me know. I'd be curious to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

P.S. Off topic- but I will be posting my "week in pictures" this week with today's post coming shortly. I just have to upload the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment