"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, December 7, 2009

2 Years & 8 Months

Wow! It's been like 2 weeks since I last posted! I honestly meant to post sooner than that but life has just been absolutely hectic. Work is crazy with all the "year end" projects that we have going on that I'm doing administrative coordinating for, plus we have birthdays, Christmas, and all the other fun holiday stuff... not to mention the daily acrobatics of having two children under two. And a husband. My days are jam packed to say the least. I barely have a minute to get up from my desk to do simple things like eat lunch or go pee, let alone blog about anything. But, I was good and got my tasks done for now, so I can breathe easier for a bit and take a second to update on my oh-so-busy life.

First up: Jaxson turned 8 months old on Saturday and is just amazing me every day. He finally got his two top teeth so now he's got 4 total. I took him to the doctor about a week ago for his constipation issue. The Miralax seems to be helping, but we have to continue on a strict regime and make sure he poops every 2 days. So now I have a nifty little chart to track his bowel movements...so exciting, huh? He also dropped a bit in weight, so he has to go in on the 21st for a weight check. We are trying to increase his diet to include more fiber/grains, fruit, and veggies. Anything to keep him regular. He hasn't gone #2 since Friday, so hopefully he'll go today. In addition to all that jazz, he got the H1N1 flu shot. Yay for Jax. :)

Second, my big boy Jayden turns 2 tomorrow!!! I cannot believe that he's 2 years old already. It seems like just yesterday I held him for the very first time. In two years, he's grown into such a sweet boy (minus those typical 2-year-old tantrums and all) and I feel so blessed to be his Mommy. We have his birthday party on Saturday and I'm so excited for all the fun we will have. I'm hoping that he will actually enjoy opening his presents this year. We are doing a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" theme this year and I think he's going to love it... I'm probably more stoked than he is! We will be switching him into a big boy bed hopefully this weekend if we can get his bed from Grandma Joan's house. He's starting to try climbing out of his crib and he's able to get his leg over the top rail even with the mattress at the lowest setting, so we are going to try the bed and see how it goes. Also, he has his doctor's appointment tomorrow for his 2 year checkup so we get to see just how big he really is!! :) I'll post with stats for both boys once I have them.

Other family news...we had a great Thanksgiving! We were originally going to see my dad's family in Spokane, but Aaron and I just couldn't afford to go over there because of the gas prices with planning on the Christmas holiday and Jayden's party. So we opted to see my dad's family in the summer when we have more money and the weather is better, and instead go to my aunt and uncle's house. It was pretty low key and we had a fun time eating great food, enjoying wonderful company, and we even played Spoons! It's a Farley family tradition. :)

Not much else has been going on. The whole weight loss thing has sort of not been panning out as I'd hoped. I think I'll feel a lot more motivated once my Zumba DVD's get here and I'm not constantly tempted by the holidays anymore. My plan is to be back down to about 150 before Aaron and I start trying for baby #3 in a year. We'll see how it goes... I've always had a really hard time losing weight so I know it's not going to be an easy battle for me to win.

My sister-in-law, Sharon, had her baby on Saturday, November 28th. I don't have too many specifics on him other than his name is Kaleb (not even sure of his middle name) and he was born aroun 6:00pm. He was 7 pounds, 9 ounces, and around 19.5 inches (I think...). Congrats to Sharon, Ted, and big brothers Isaac and Jonas! I've seen some pictures of him and he's absolutely adorable!!!

Also, I finally found my USB cable for my camera. My silly husband put it in with all of his computer and video game cables because it looked similar, so now that I have it back I'm going to try and upload some pictures and do a fall edition pictures post (or posts knowing how many pictures I have) so stay on the lookout for those. :)

Happy December to everyone...and Happy Holidays as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment