"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, November 16, 2009

Nope. Not MY family...

Not Me! Monday is a weekly blog carnival started by MckMama that I occasionally take part in where you can share your embarrassing stories, many of which you probably would never like to admit to. I find it refreshing to know that everyone is human and I'm definitely not alone in the everyday craziness of life. Honesty is the best policy...and why not have some fun with it? So here are some things that I (and my family) most definitely do not do...

1. Echoing MckMama's theme for this week (which was a great one!) reminded me of one of the things I definitely do not do. That would be leaving huge piles of clean clothes in my already cramped bedroom. There's no way that I can only manage to get the laundry cleaned and dried but never (or rarely) fold it and put it away. And I'd never ask my mother in law to help me do it... nope, never.

2. Also, I most definitely did not go off my diet at all this weekend when we were invited to a pre-Thanksgiving fete. Knowing full well that I want to lose another 25 pounds, there's no way that I gave in to my cravings and had not one, but two pieces of pumpkin pie. Or that slice of pumpkin cheesecake. And two slices of pizza on Saturday. Definitely not me...

3. My husband absolutely does NOT ever get sidetracked by his video games or ESPN, especially when we are trying to potty train our 23 month old. So, when Jayden did not tell Daddy he had to go #2 over the weekend, there's no way that my lovely husband thought he was kidding and then let him poop on our carpet instead of taking him to the toilet. Oh, and he definitely did not leave the poop on the carpet for me to clean up because he's absolutely not creeped out by the sight of human feces. Nope, not MY hubby...

...so what did you NOT do today? :)

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from MckMama's!

    I can't get over the fact that you are potty-training a 23-month-old... and a boy, at that! What are your secrets?!?! That's very impressive!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, we aren't trying too hard. We are letting him guide us. He just seems interested in using the potty. He's still only going in the potty once or twice a day, but we will take it over nothing! He watches my husband and I go to the bathroom and I think that's helped him figure out what he's supposed to do and he wants to be a "big boy" and use the "big boy potty".

    We just ask him every hour or so if he has to go potty and he'll usually say yes or no. Sometimes he'll come to us and say "Potty" if he has to go (or already did) and we then just ask if he has to go and then we help him get to the bathroom.

    Also, we bought him a "Potty Time with Elmo" book over the weekend and he LOVES it!! He carries it around the house all the time and even sleeps with it.

    It's still a work in progress though!!

    ReplyDelete