"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy 7 Months!!

Jaxson is 7 months old today!!! I haven't done his "official" stats yet, but I'll update when I do (barring I don't forget!!) I can't believe how quickly time is just flying by! It's crazy! Jaxson is learning so much. He's crawling now (and has been for about a month) but it's not your typical hands and knees crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees, but when he wants to actually start moving, he plops onto his belly and "slithers". Eh, he gets where he wants to go, so I guess that's really all that matters. :) His 2 newest things are babbling with "words" (he says "ah da da da!!" when he's either really happy or really upset) and pulling himself up/holding on to things standing. He can't get himself into a fully standing position without help, but he's trying!!!

Other than that, there's not much that's new around our house. We may be moving at the end of this month. Aaron's friend moved back from California and doesn't want to live at home with his parents, so we may all be getting a place together. We haven't decided for sure if we want to do this, but we are going to talk it over this weekend to find out for sure. We have to give our apartments notice by the 10th, so time's a wastin'!! So, I'm using the end of this month as a transition marker for both boys. Regardless of if we move or not, we are going to put Jayden in his big boy bed with rails and Jaxson is going to start sleeping in the crib. With how mobile he's been lately, I feel unsafe having him in our bed these days and I'd like to get back to sleeping. I'm not sure how this is going to work exactly with both boys in the same room because if one wakes up, then the other will too, so this is going to be a new thing for all of us. Thankfully I don't have to think about it for 3 more weeks. :)

We found out yesterday that Aaron's cousin, Sephora, passed away. She was 35. We are sad to know that she has passed and I feel especially bad for her 4 young children. We didn't really know her well since Aaron and I had only met her once last December at my father in law's funeral, but I'm glad that she's finally at peace. No one seems to really know anything about why she died or even when but, as horrible as this might sound, it doesn't really surprise me in the least. Sephora has had her struggles with substance abuse (especially drugs--not completely sure about alcohol) and she was recently in rehab. All we know is it happened on or before Tuesday. If I find anything more out, then I will post updates. I'm glad that her struggles are finally over and she can rest peacefully now...no more pain or emptiness. I have faith that God is protecting her now. Please pray for her family...especially for her younger brother and her children. I cannot imagine the grief they are feeling right now. Rest in peace, Sephora Lynn Andresen. May all your troubles be forgotten...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Your wording is beautiful on this subject. I too, am happy that her suffering in this life has been put to rest. After finding out about this, I did a little research, and found that her children are safe, and very well loved. Please keep them in your prayers, especially Matt.
    God Bless,
    a friend
    idtcounseling@aol.com

    ReplyDelete