"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, November 6, 2009

Stats Galore!

So, I took all of Jaxson's 7 month measurements last night and here they are as follows:

Weight: 17 lbs. 6oz. (30%)
Length: 27.5 in. (65%)
Head circumference: 17 in. (20%)

He's still a little guy but it looks like he's going to be tall and skinny. He's still not as tall as his big brother was at this age. Overall it looks as though he grows taller each month faster than he's gaining weight.

As for me... this week has been both good and bad. I've done pretty well, but I can't say I haven't been tempted. Baby showers and Halloween have provided opportunities for me to go hog wild. I didn't completely deny myself, but I'm happy to say that I did moderate myself very well...and I'm still on the losing (or winning!) end... Here are my stats:

STARTING- mid October
Weight: 177 lbs.
Waist: 35 in.
BMI: 24.7

LAST WEEK- 10/29
Weight: 172 lbs.
Waist: 34 in.
BMI: 24.0

CURRENT- 11/6
Weight: 170 lbs. (-2 from last week, -7 total)
Waist: 34 in. (-0 from last week, -1 total)
BMI: 23.7 (-.3 from last week, -1 total)

Better than nothing... Can't complain even though I know I can do better! Now let's hope I make it through the holidays relatively unscathed. I can do it!! Aaron said he was going to buy me the Zumba DVD's since I love to dance...that way I can actually add some exercise to my routine without it being so mundane, repetitive, and boring. I'm excited!!

Oh, and I was going to upload some more recent pictures to share with all of you, but my USB cable magically grew legs and walked off, so hopefully I can find it and then share with you all our wonderful fall pictures.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment