"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Jayden!!

Two years ago today, at 5:51pm, I became a mom for the very first time. After what seemed like endless months of anticipation, 17.5 hours of labor, and 35 minutes of pushing, my beautiful 8 pound & 6 ounce, 19.8 inches long, blond-haired, blue-eyed baby boy arrived. It seems crazy to me to think that it's already been two years that he's been with us, but I still remember it like yesterday. I remember snuggling with all of his newly-born goodness skin-to-skin, kissing his head, and crying the most happy tears I've cried in my life (until that point anyway). It's a day I will always remember and I will always cherish.

Now he's a precocious, active, but sweet and loving two year old boy. He amazes me everyday with how he learns and grows. Sure, there are times that it's crazy and hectic and I catch myself thinking "What the heck am I getting myself into??!!", but even in the chaos of raising a toddler there is such a sweet innocence that drowns everything else out (including the tantrums! :)). What I realize at the end of the day is that I love him more than anything else in this world (well, he and his baby brother are in a two way tie I guess). I feel so blessed and so lucky to be a mother to such a wonderful son. He has brought me so much joy in the last two years and I know that there will be many, many more years to come.

So today is all about celebrating my sweet son, Jayden. He's been in my every thought today, even more so than he is everyday.


Jayden,
Mommy loves you so much and I'm so proud o
f who you have become in the two short years that you've been here with us and I look forward to watching you grow bigger and stronger each and every year. You have a special place in my heart that will always be yours forever... May your life bring you as much joy as you have brought into mine. I'm thinking of you today and always and thanking God for allowing me the opportunity to be your Mommy. Today is your special day and I promise to share in it and cherish it with you. Happy 2nd Birthday, my Punky boy. You are the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for...and that is something worth celebrating.
I love you forever and always,
Mama



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYDEN EZRA!!! :) Praise be to God for today is a great day! Your birth is something always worth celebrating.

December 8, 2007 (First picture with Mom-- newborn)

December 8, 2008 (First birthday!)


December 8, 2009 (2 years old)

No comments:

Post a Comment