"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, December 21, 2009

Jayden's Birthday: The Party!

So, we had Jayden's birthday party on the 12th and we used a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle theme. I ended up staying up until 3:00am on Saturday making his cake and cupcakes. I used cake mixes, but I made the vanilla buttercream and the mint buttercream icings by hand as well as colored, rolled, and cut all of the fondant to cover his cake. Since I have only used fondant one other time (on Aaron's birthday cake back in May), I was a little nervous and afraid that I would totally botch his cake. It actually turned out fantastic and I even had 5 different people tell me at the party that I should open my own business (which is actually along the lines of what I want to do. I want to be an event planner/pastry chef specializing in weddings and other special occasions).

Anyway, Jayden's party was a hit! So many people came out to join us, everything turned out wonderful, and Jayden was in to everything! He sang "Happy Birthday" and clapped with us, blew out his candle, and dove right into opening his gifts...and boy was he spoiled!!! He got tons of Thomas and Friends stuff, Legos and Mega Blocks, Hot Wheels, a guitar, and his own vacuum (so now he can stop using mine!!)...and more!

Also, as a "rite of passage" for becoming a big boy, we picked up his big boy bed from Grandma Joan's (it's actually a bunk bed set for both Jayden and Jaxson for when they are both old enough to sleep in beds) and I assembled it that night along with his new sports bedding and he slept in his big boy bed! He does FANTASTIC!! He might get out of bed once a night (if that) and he sleeps all night. It's been a dream! I thought I'd be in there constantly putting him back in his bed, but he loves his bed. :)

Here are the pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment