"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Giving Thanks!

Here are some pictures from the Andresen/Farley family Thanksgiving celebration. Aaron and I were originally planning on going over to the Spokane area to spend the holiday with my dad's side of the family since I hadn't seen my aunts, uncles, and cousins in at least 5 years but with finances being tight and the weather being sketchy at best, we decided to stay local for the holidays and revisit with my family in the summer when we don't have to worry about finances with birthdays and Christmas and snow definitely won't be an issue.

Anywho, we went to my Aunt Pug's house (her name isn't really Pug... it's a nickname she's had her whole life) with my mom's side of the family instead. They cooked a huge feast (as always...and boy was it delicious!!). She always has my favorite side dish... I actually don't know what it's called, but it has Cool Whip, orange gelatin powder, mandarin oranges, and cottage cheese. Sounds like an interesting combination for sure, but I assure you it's absolutely delicious. Then my sister made a to-die-for toffee pecan pie. YUM! After we stuffed ourselves, we sat down and played our traditional family game of Spoons. It's one of the biggest highlights of the evening and always good for a few laughs.

All in all, it was a really nice night and it was great to spend it with family. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment