"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, December 21, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

I got around to decorating for Christmas a couple of weeks ago (and surprisingly our tree remains relatively unscathed by the cats and the kids...yay!) and our small, cozy apartment looks rather festive. We have a fake tree (although I grew up as a kid with the real deal, I don't have the time or patience to make sure the tree is watered and that my kids aren't eating the pine needles off the floor...) that is decorated with lights, old antique ornaments that my grandma had from who knows how many years ago, and some new ones we have accumulated along the way. We have garlands, bows, stockings, the old Christmas village I had growing up as a kid that my parents passed down to me, a wreath, and some holiday artwork that Jayden made for us at daycare (a tree, snowman, something completely unrecognizable, and a wreath that I don't have a picture of). We also got some cute ornaments for the boys from my dad and stepmom when they came back from their annual trip to Leavenworth. Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas to all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment