"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow Day

Despite my aversion to snow (or at least being out in it for long periods of time or driving in it), I was not about to deprive my kids of a "snow day". I was interested to see how they would like it since Jaxson's never seen snow to my knowledge and the last time we took Jayden out in it he cried and wanted to go back inside because he didn't like the cold & wet.

This year, Jayden had a blast and was SO EXCITED about the snow. The kid was even eating it off the car. No joke. Jaxson seemed to like it too, so we let them romp around in it last Monday night when we were completely dumped on. They geared up with jackets, boots, hats, and gloves and ran around in it for what seemed like an eternity to me. We had to bribe them to come back inside with the promise of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows... and even at that Jaxson was not happy with me bringing him back inside.

This just gives us a taste of what we will be experiencing this weekend when we take our Leavenworth vacation with my dad & family for my stepmom's 50th birthday celebration. Jayden is already counting down the days until he can play in the snow again. :)


1 comment:

  1. great photos.. we haven't had that much snow yet.. but I look forward to it.. but I only like it for about a month.. then I am all done! LOL

    ReplyDelete