"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

28 Weeks

How far along?: 28w2d
Total weight gain: About 18-19 pounds
How big is baby?: About the size of a Chinese cabbage (2.25 pounds & 14.8 inches long from head to heel).
Maternity clothes?: Yes, for the most part.
Stretch marks?: Still about the same. The old ones might be starting to stretch but I cannot tell. No new ones though.
Movement?: Yes, but less movement than before. He's running out of room! Now it's starting to hurt because I'm feeling hard body parts pushing, not gentle kicks.
Food cravings?: None really. Still like my tuna & gouda sandwiches. Breakfast burritos for breakfast are yummy too.
Labor signs?: Nope. Just normal, albeit strong Braxton Hicks.
Belly button in or out?: Still in but flattening.
What I miss: Non-swollen feet, not having cankles by the end of the day, & being able to sneeze without peeing my pants (yes, I actually did that the other day... ugh!)
What I'm looking forward to: Hopefully getting another 3D/4D ultrasound to see Owen again. I'm really just anxious to meet him in person though!
Weekly Wisdom: I'd probably have some for you if I didn't feel like Owen was eating all my brain cells for breakfast (and lunch and dinner...he better be one smart kid!).
Milestone: I officially start going to my midwife for appointments every 2 weeks starting today (I have to do my glucose tolerance test today...gag!). Developmentally, Owen should be able to blink his eyes (which now have lashes). Because of eye development, lights from the outside world may be visible in the womb. He's also continuing to pack on body fat to prepare for birth.

1 comment: