"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

27 Weeks

How far along?: 27w2d
Total weight gain: 18 pounds. :(
How big is baby?: Weighs about 2 pounds (the size of a head of cauliflower) and is approximately 14.5 inches long fully extended head to toe.
Maternity clothes?: Yup! And lots of pajama pants & t-shirts around the house. :)
Stretch marks?: Old ones will probably start stretching soon, but no new ones.
Sleep?: Eh, okay. Jaxson has been having night terrors lately so he wakes me up a couple times per night.
Best moment this week?: Not sure about the best, but the worst was falling down half a flight of stairs on Monday and spraining my ankle. :( Owen's okay though... no worries!
Movement?: Still a fair amount but I'm guessing that he's running out of room. He has no problems with punching my cervix though. :(
Food cravings?: Nothing really stands out. I just eat whatever is put in front of me.
Labor signs?: Nope. Still just the normal Braxton Hicks. They are strong with this pregnancy though.
Belly button in or out?: Still in, but flattening.
What I miss: Feeling comfortable. I'm at that awkward, uncomfortable, restless stage now. Ugh... Oh, and a normal center of gravity (hence my fall this week).
What I'm looking forward to: Taking this damn boot off my ankle so I can walk normal again.
Weekly Wisdom: Make your hubby/SO help you. Pregnant women taking trash to the dumpster downstairs = falling down stairs and spraining ankles. Not fun.
Milestone: I'm officially in my THIRD TRIMESTER!! Woo hoo! Just shy of 12 weeks to my due date! I also started my daily regimen on Red Raspberry Leaf tea... yum yum! As for Owen's development, he can sleep & wake at regular intervals, open & close his eyes, and even suck on his fingers. His lungs are developing rapidly---enough so that he could possibly function outside the womb (stay in there, Owen!), and hiccups will become extremely noticeable at this stage (um, yup... I'd agree with that one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment