"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, November 5, 2010

Owen's Sneak Preview!!

Yesterday, I received a call from a local place who sells ultrasound machines and they need "models" to help them create the best settings for their machines before selling them. It's not sketchy at all and the machines are completely safe & FDA approved, but they need people willing to have scans done in order to test their software. The scans are done by a trained sonographer and there's no risk--- it's the same as going to your OB's office and being scanned there. They pay you $80 to volunteer for these scans and I had signed up a few weeks ago but didn't think I'd get a call.

Needless to say, they called me and asked if I would be willing to come in this morning and have an ultrasound done so I said yes. I was there for an hour and they got some great shots of Owen. He's head down with his face pointing to my right side, just as he has been since 20 weeks but he turned his face so she could get some cute pictures--- the only drawback is that when they were scanned to the CD, they were saved as video images & not pictures. So, I have a total of 4 videos each about 5 seconds in length of our 3rd boy. I have to say that it seems that he looks a lot like Jaxson... but only time will tell. It will be interesting to see how much he resembles Jaxson when he's born.

If I can convert those videos to pictures I will post them, but for right now it looks like they aren't wanting to transfer at all, so at least I will show you the videos. Oh, and Owen was such a good sport that they may call me back in a few weeks before Owen gets too big to scan. The sonographer was very pleased at how cooperative he was and said she'd love to scan him anytime. :) What a fun way to make $80 and see your baby!! Can't beat that!

Here are the videos:

If for some reason the images are small and/or don't work, you can also view them here, here, here, and here.

1 comment: