"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, November 4, 2010

26 Weeks

How far along?: 26w3d
Total weight gain: 16-17 pounds
How big is baby?: About the size of an eggplant or an English hothouse cucumber (or approximately 1.66 pounds & 14 inches long).
Maternity clothes: Yes, definitely maternity pants for sure. I'm HUGE!
Stretch marks?: Some of my old ones are getting pink, but they don't seem to be stretching yet.
Sleep?: Eh, I've been restless lately. I can't seem to get comfortable from the belly down... and I'm always really hot so it makes sleep challenging.
Best moment this week?: Tomorrow I get to see Owen in 3D/4D... and get paid $80 to do it! Yes!
Movement?: Yup, a lot. And lots of hiccups.
Food cravings?: None that I can think of.
Labor signs?: Not really, but I did have some pretty strong Braxton Hicks over the weekend... every 4-5 minutes for 3 hours. They finally went away though. Midwife says it's normal.
Belly button in or out?: Still in for now.
What I miss: My stamina. I feel like a fat cow these days.
What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow's ultrasound! Can't wait to see who Owen looks like!
Weekly Wisdom: Call your doctor if you ever suspect something is wrong or you are unsure of something. There is no such thing as a stupid question especially when you are pregnant. It's better to be safe than sorry!!
Milestone: I'm officially in the double digits for my countdown... only 95 days until my due date!! Also, baby's ears are more developed and sensitive-- they can recognize voices now. He is also starting to inhale small amounts of amniotic fluid, referred to as "practice breathing movements".

No comments:

Post a Comment