"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm so DONE!!

As of today, I'm officially 37 weeks which means that Baby Owen is "full term" (if you go off of my dates & ultrasound dates, I technically should be like 37w3d or 37w4d, but whatever...).

While I'm not necessarily wishing that my baby be born now since I know it's better for him to cook as long as possible, can I just say that I'm done? My body is just done. I'm supposed to work this week, but being in the office is like torture. Here I am sitting in my very uncomfortable desk chair alternating between that and the birthing ball & getting NO relief. Because he's completely dropped now, I can't even wear my maternity pants comfortably because they apply too much pressure so I have them completely unzipped and my shoes off because my feet hurt like hell... heaven forbid I have to get up when someone comes to my desk. What am I supposed to say? "Um, excuse me for a minute while I zip up my pants & put my shoes back on". I can't walk down the hallway without waddling & being punched in the cervix. I'm EXHAUSTED. I'm having hot flashes. My back hurts & my ass hurts. Even my legs.

What I wouldn't give right now to be curled up at home in my pajamas working from my laptop. I keep telling myself that I just need to make it until Friday and then I don't care if he decides to come or not because at least I will be in the comfort of my own home and in way more comfortable clothes if something does happen. But it's Monday...and Friday seems decades away. You know it's bad when you are sitting here at 3cm dilated & 75% effaced and you are so nervous to be at work thinking it could happen anytime so you pack an emergency bag with a spare change of clothes, a towel, maxi pads, & Chux pads (you know the little "piddle pads" for dogs) just in case of an "emergency" aka my water breaking in my office chair. You know it's bad when almost every single person you come into contact with has some quip or comment about your status like, "You are still here??" or "You don't look like you are going to last the week!" or something about how I'm on the verge of having the baby as I'm waddling my ass to the bathroom for the 50th time since 8:00. I see the looks and it just confirms my own worry... "What the hell am I still doing here?". I made it up to a week of each baby's birth with no problems, but why am I, at 37 weeks, so damn DONE with this baby when I wasn't with the others? Does it mean that his arrival is sooner than I anticipate. I don't know.

All I know is I'm feeling really tired and bitchy today. I want my freaking pajamas and a blanket... screw corporate policy. Blech. I'm just so done...

1 comment:

  1. aww Shannon! I totally get it! I'm 38 weeks and done too... but I'm trying to be patient..

    ReplyDelete