"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, January 20, 2011

37 Weeks

How far along?: 37w3d
Total weight gain: About 32 pounds
How big is baby?: Approximately 6.3 pounds & 19 inches... the size of a stalk of Swiss chard.
Maternity clothes?: Yes... that and pajamas since I'm working from home now. Comfort is key. :)
Stretch marks?: Mainly just the old ones being irritated, but it looks like I'm getting one above where my old belly button piercing is.
Sleep?: Eh, okay I guess. Depends on the night really.
Best moment this week?: Being told that I should work from home "just in case". I've been so nervous and uncomfortable at work.
Movement?: He doesn't have much room, but yes. It consists of head butts and sucker punches to my bladder and cervix. It's painful.
Food cravings?: Not that I can think of. I gravitate towards sweets though.
Labor signs?: Yup. Lots of false labor, cramping, & losing bits of my plug. Still only 3cm & 75% though.
Belly button in or out? Mostly flat.
What I miss: Not feeling like I am going to pee or poop my pants & then have nothing come out. Gotta love having no capacity for anything anymore. :( My bladder's like the size of a pea.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my son--- duh!!
Weekly Wisdom: I always have a problem thinking of something for this section... must tell you something about me. I'm not wise by nature, lol. To be honest, I have too much other crap on my mind to go into pregnancy musings.
Milestone: I'm officially "full term"!! Owen can come anytime & he should be okay! This also means that I can deliver at the birth center since they won't let you deliver there before 37 weeks due to the baby's prematurity.

Appointment notes:
Not much has changed since last visit. My GBS test came back negative so I won't need antibiotics during labor... yay! I'm still 3cm & 75% but my cervix isn't as posterior & he dropped from a -1 station to a 0 station so he's fully engaged in my pelvis. It sounds like the general consensus is that he will be here next week sometime. I've asked them to strip my membranes at my next visit on the 26th and they agreed. I had Jaxson 2 days after my membranes were stripped with him, so maybe I will have the same luck with Owen. :)


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Shannon! Membrane stripping worked for me as well. Although I am NOT looking forward to the stage you are in (just the physical aspect) you are SOOOO close to meeting your son! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete