"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Girls Day Out

As part of my mom's Christmas present to my sister & I, we both got complimentary pedicures at Casabella Spa & Nail down by my place on New Year's Eve. With me being terribly uncomfortable and extremely pregnant (along with everything that comes with it) I definitely needed a day to myself sans hubby or kids. Aaron was gracious enough to watch the boys all day for me so I could have a break and hang out with my best friends and favorite lady relatives: my mom, sister, and aunt.

The day started off with a trip to Starbucks before heading out to my mom's place where she colored my hair. A couple months ago, I had my sister put blond highlights in my hair because, at the time, I needed a change and wanted a new look but with Owen's arrival coming soon & our maternity pictures coming, I decided I needed another change and that I actually really like having my hair darker now that I'm older moreso than having it lighter, so I decided to go back to my dark roots & have my hair cut.

Then we got dolled up and went out to lunch at Red Robin where we met up with my sister & aunt. My mom and I split my favorite meal at Red Robin: the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap. After finishing our meal, we all simultaneously pulled out our chapstick/lipstick to reapply and my aunt started laughing about how we must be related. You really would have had to be there to understand the comedy behind this, but it led to us emptying out our purses and we all had a plethora of lipsticks, pens, and miscellaneous items. It had us all in an uproar because we had no idea that we were all so similar... even down to having the same color of lipstick or what not. My sister at one point was like, "I bet you don't have one of these in your purse..." and pulled out a Matchbox car belonging to my nephew. And I was like, "No, I don't have a car, but I do have these..." as I pulled out Jayden's toy motorcycle and Thomas the Train figures. More laughter ensued. Can you tell we are both moms to young boys? Like I said, you'd have had to have been there to understand, but it was really funny.

Then after our meal we headed over to the theater to watch Little Fockers, which was pretty cute by the way. Lastly, we capped off the night with our trip to the spa/nail salon for pedicures. Can I just say that pedicures are easily one of my favorite things ever? I love having my feet massaged and being totally pampered. Again, my mom, sister, and I are absolutely related... we all had to get sparkles on our toes. In fact, my mom liked the sparkles I picked out so much that she ended up using the same ones on her toes. Aren't I just a trendsetter?? :)

Here are some pictures from our day together... All I know is that I have to do this more often because I really had a fun day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment