"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

35 Weeks

How far along?: 35w2d
Total weight gain: 29 pounds... boo!
How big is baby?: BBC says about the size of a honeydew or 5.25 pounds & over 18 inches long.
Maternity clothes?: Yes, and even some of my maternity pants are terribly uncomfortable. I think that he's dropping by the week which makes it worse. :(
Stretch marks?: No change since last week even though my belly feels like it's being stretched to the max.
Sleep?: Depends on the night, but it sucks for the most part. I just deal with it.
Best moment this week?: My girls' day out & shopping for material for Owen's bedding as well as finishing his wall letters.
Movement?: Still moving, but it's difficult for him and his bony body parts hurt like hell. There's no more room!!
Food cravings?: Nothing particular. My appetite has grown in recent weeks so I just eat. Ha!
Labor signs?: None that I can tell other than the usual Braxton Hicks & occasional real ones. I know I'm getting closer though... I can feel it!
Belly button in or out?: Flat. The top part of it sometimes pops out though.
What I miss: Not having heartburn with every meal and having my belly feel like it's being torn to shreds. Ugh, I'm so uncomfortable these days. :(
What I'm looking forward to: Getting our ducks in a row... finding an apartment & moving to our new place and making it "home" for all my boys. Also, not being pregnant anymore so I can start dieting & working out. I've got at least 50 pounds to lose!!
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep is golden. Too bad you don't get much while pregnant and/or with young kids in the house. :( Therefore you should take as much time to rest as possible when you can!!
Milestone: This could easily be Owen's birth month... eek!! Developmentally, his kidneys are fully functional and his liver is able to process waste. Most of his basic physical development is complete & he'll spend the next few weeks just putting on weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment