"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 24, 2011

Big Boy Haircuts!

Jayden is no stranger to haircuts. He's had plenty in his three short years. I blame his daddy for that as he follows in the same footsteps by having hair that grows at an unprecedented rate and therefore it's about a monthly occcurrence in this house... one that Jayden dreads every single time. I mean, he HATES it. He complains about how it itches him and it scares him. I think he's afraid I will cut him. Many tears are shed, lots of screaming & drooling... but by the time he rinses off in the bath, he's a completely different kid and his hair always looks great.

Jaxson on the other hand has never really had his hair cut. He had a small trim back in October, but I've been really reluctant to trim his hair really short. I LOVE his long blond locks. Jaxson has been able to get away with having longer hair whereas Jayden cannot, but lately Jaxson's hair has been getting so long in back that it looked like he was starting to sport a mullet. I'm not a fan of mullets at all, so I knew something that had to be done. I decided a hair cut was in order, but I was still so nervous about it. I want both boys to look perfect for when they meet their brother... what if I screwed it up and then just totally hated his new cut? He looks so cute with long hair... what if he didn't look so cute with short hair? After agonizing over it, I decided to cut it, but I used the longest guard available for the shears. Good thing I did as his hair is thinner than Jayden's so it looks like I took a lot more hair off.

The good news? It looks super cute! My fears were put to rest and he totally looks like a bigger little boy! Definitely a "big brother" haircut. He doesn't look like my little baby anymore, but it's adorable as ever. :) Also, he was a little skeptical of the shears at first, but as soon as Grandma Debbi picked him up, he tucked his head down onto her shoulder and just laid there and let me cut it.

I didn't get before pictures (even though I have many of them) but here are the after pictures of my two big boys with their big boy haircuts... ever so ready to meet their baby brother, Owen, any day now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment