"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, February 1, 2010

Kicking off February!

So, it's a new month and a new week. I thought I'd update my progress since it seems as good of a time as any to do it. I started my monthly challenge yesterday and I'm starting to wonder how the heck I'm going to last an entire month doing 100 situps, pushups, and squats a day. My body aches already after one day!! It's weird because it hurts, but it also feels good at the same time. My body must be just like me and is a total glutton for punishment. Ugh! So, I had set my goal weight at 174 for the end of January and then I set a goal of 5 pounds every month (except for February) to lose until the end of July. I figured I could obviously lose more than that, but I wanted to leave some wiggle room and I also wanted to go along with the "losing weight slow and steady" thing. My goal for the end of February was to be down to 170. Well, so far so good! I weighed myself on Sunday and took my end of month measurements and here is what I came up with:

Weight: 171 (-8)
BMI: 23.8 (-1.0)
Waist: 31.25" (-3.25")
Hips: 42" (-2")
Neck: 13.25" (-.25")
Thigh: 26" (n/a- discrepancy w/original measurement)
Calf: 15.5" (-.5")
Upper Arm: 13" (-1.5")

** I think I measured my thighs wrong the first week because I don't know how I'd actually put on 2.5 inches, so maybe I measured in the wrong spot?? Not really sure on that one...**

I'm looking forward to this month and seeing what changes are in store. I feel really great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment