"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling Sick

Really sums it up right now... I got my Mirena removed just over a week ago and my doctor put me on Trinessa, which is a generic form of Ortho Tri Cyclen. So far... I'm miserable. It makes me feel SOOOO nauseated (or is it nauseous...don't know, and really don't care) and I get dizzy. I can feel my face turning green! Fingers crossed that the hormones or whatever it is stabilizes soon. I don't feel like eating anything because it makes it worse, but then I get headaches if I don't eat. I'm starting to think birth control is the devil!!! My body hates every form of it for some reason... Now I know what it feels like to have morning sickness without the puking, and I have to say that it's horrible. I don't know how anyone could survive weeks or months of this during a pregnancy! So far I've been lucky. I didn't have any with Jayden, but with Jax there were some days where I felt a little queasy. By the time I was done with my first trimester it was gone completely and never came back. Boy, do I hope that with my next (and final) two pregnancies that I have the same luck!!

Speaking of which... Aaron approached me last night and said, "You know, I've been thinking...It's not 100%, but...". And of course he left me in suspense for like five minutes before I said, "Alright already! What do you want to tell me??". To which he said that once he gets a stable job paying good money that he thinks we can start trying for our next baby, maybe even sooner than our plan. We had originally talked about starting at the end of this year for a Fall 2011 baby, and that may still end up being the case, but he's not opposed to starting earlier if we get to that point. I have to say that I was actually shocked and surprised in a good way since it's not all the time that dads get "baby fever" and the fact that he approached me saying that he's getting to the point where he's ready rather than just following along with my biological clock's urging was really awesome. It was really sweet because he said that in the time that he's spent at home with Jaxson that he's had a lot of fun with him and is enjoying the baby stage and having fun spending quality father-son time. It's made him want more kids. :)

So stay tuned...our family could be "under construction" sooner than we had planned. Hopefully not before summer though since I want to enjoy my 25th birthday and my short-lived, new post-baby bod before I gain all the weight back!! And that means I can get off this awful, almost-vomit inducing birth control... not a moment too soon!

Ah, anyway... I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm going out tomorrow with my mom to get a manicure & pedicure. I need my quality girl time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment